Afterpay (also known as Clearpay in the UK) gives a Buy Now Pay Later payment method for your customers. Using Afterpay, the purchase can be split into four installments. Buyers need to pay only the first installment at the time of purchase. Afterpay pays you the full amount immediately and then collects the remaining installments from the buyer over time.
Afterpay via Stripe is supported in the following countries:
All right, now let’s get down to configure the plugin.
- Firstly, install and activate the Stripe payment gateway for the WooCommerce plugin.
- From the WordPress dashboard, go to WebToffee Stripe > General Settings > Local Gateways.
- Head on to the Afterpay.
- Afterpay: Enable to accept Afterpay payments.
- Title: Enter a custom title for Afterpay payment. This title will be visible on the checkout page.
- Description: Enter a custom description for Afterpay payment. This description will be visible on the checkout page.
- Order Button Text: Enter a custom text for the Afterpay payment button.
Finally, click on the Save changes button to update the plugin settings.
Pay via Afterpay
To sum up, the Afterpay payment workflow will be as shown below:
- Customer selects Afterpay at the checkout
- Redirects customers to the Afterpay site, where they agree to the terms of an installment plan.
- Prompts the customer to accept the terms. Sebsequently, guarantees and transfers the funds to your Stripe account.
- The customer pays the first installment and repays the rest of the amount to the Afterpay directly over time.