Sofort redirects customers to their bank’s portal to authenticate the payment. Typically, it takes about 2 to 14 days to receive notification of success or failure. It is a single-use, delayed notification payment method.
Stripe users in Europe and the United States can accept Sofort payment from customers residing in the following countries:
Also, stripe accounts in the following countries can accept Sofort payments in local currency settlements.
All right, now let’s get down to configure the plugin.
Settings: Sofort Pay
- Firstly, install and activate the Stripe payment gateway for the WooCommerce plugin.
- From the WordPress dashboard, go to WebToffee Stripe > General Settings > Local Gateways.
- Head on to the Sofort .
- Sofort: Enable to accept Sofort payments.
- Title: Enter a custom title for Sofort payment. This title will be visible on the checkout page.
- Description: Enter a custom description for Sofort payment. This description will be visible on the checkout page.
- Customize language :Enable to view the bank site in the required language.
- Preferred language: Select the required language for the bank site.
- Order Button Text: Enter a custom text for the Sofort payment button.
Finally, click on the Save changes button to update the plugin settings.
Pay via Sofort
To sum up, the Sofort payment workflow will be as shown below:
- Customer selects Sofort at the checkout
2. The buyer enters name and country. Redirects buyers to the bank site.
3. From the bank site, the buyer can choose the country and bank. Then, authenticates the transaction.
4. Payment becomes successful and order is placed.