An e-commerce platform may vary in different domain. Subsequently, the requirement of a store owner also changes. When it comes to the invoice and other shipping documents, each domain may require to have their own specific data embedded in them. To include additional custom data into the WooCommerce documents is definitely an added advantage for the store owner. He may want to append order or product metadata particularly from other third party plugins to his invoice and other shipping documents or labels.
Having an WooCommerce invoice, packing slip and label plugin will allow you to do this very easily. The plugin is equipped with several inbuilt features to facilitate different requirement of the store owner. One among them being the ability to add custom meta data from third party plugins.
Checkout our tutorial which explains how an order/product metadata can be included in the WooCommerce invoice.
Let’s walk through the steps required to append order/product metadata in WooCommerce invoice.
Installation of the Plugin
- Go to My Account > “API Downloads” tab and download the plugin.
Note: If you have the basic/free version already installed, please Deactivate and Delete the Basic Version before installing Premium Version to avoid any conflict. Your plugin settings will be retained on your website.
- Install the downloaded plugin into your WordPress / WooCommerce site.
- You will get an Activation Key and Activation Email at My Account -> “API Keys”.
- Go to your site admin and the Settings page of the plugin and activate it using email and key.
Add product/order meta in WooCommerce invoice
Once the plugin is installed and activated, the Invoice/Pack Slip menu appears on the WordPress dashboard. Navigate to the Invoice, the options to include product or order meta from other third party plugins are included in the Advanced tab as shown below.
It used to configure additional information with respect to order/product meta.
- Order meta fields: Append additional order information in the invoice by selecting the required item from the drop-down. You can select a field from the list of default fields or click the Add Existing Order Meta Field button to create custom meta fields by providing a custom Field Name and the respective meta key for the field. The order meta keys can be found in the custom field section in the WooCommerce Order page of a product.
To add other order meta details other than the ones displayed in the drop-down, click on Add Existing Order Meta Field.
- Product meta fields: Select/add additional product information in the invoice. Click the Add Product Meta to add a new product meta field by providing a custom Field Name and the respective meta key for the field. The product meta keys can be found in the custom field section of the product page.
- Custom footer for invoice: Key in with a custom footer for the invoice in the text area. If left blank, then the default footer from General settings will be loaded.
The settings can be saved by clicking on the Update Settings button.
A sample invoice with a product metadata weight will be as shown below:
With this plugin, you can easily add custom product or order metadata from other third party plugins into WoCommerce invoice. Hope you have understood how easy the plugin is to handle custom data. For detailed information, you can refer our other tutorials on the plugin.