An invoice including text from customers ie; customer notes, is an example of an ideal invoice. WooCommerce allows you two ways to add text to the customer invoice. You can do it either by using an extension or manually on WooCommerce itself. The major difference is that if you are using an extension your workload will be less.
The best extension to use in order to add text to the invoice is WooCommerce PDF Invoice & Packing List plugin by WebToffee.
Adding text to invoice using extension
Installation of the Plugin
After purchasing the Print Invoice, Packing Slip, Delivery Note & Label Plugin for WooCommerce, the plugin will be available as a zip file in the API Downloads section of your MY ACCOUNT page.
- Download the zip file from API Downloads by logging into your WebToffee MY ACCOUNTS page.
- Log in as the WordPress Admin of your online store.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New to upload the downloaded plugin.
- Choose the plugin file to upload.
- Finally, activate the plugin.
The advanced invoice settings can be used to configure additional information with respect to order/product meta.
- Order meta fields: Append additional order information in the invoice by selecting the required item from the drop-down. You can select a field from the list of default fields or click the Add Existing Order Meta Field button to create custom meta fields by providing a custom Field Name and the respective meta key for the field. The order meta keys can be found in the custom field section in the WooCommerce Order page of a product.
To add other order meta details other than the ones displayed in the drop-down, click on Add Existing Order Meta Field.
The settings can be saved by clicking on the Update Settings button.
On placing an order, the PDF version of the active invoice template will be attached to the order mail with download and print provisions as shown below.
You can even print/download the invoice from WooCommerce Orders page as shown below:
A sample invoice will be as shown below:
Adding Text to Invoice Manually
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to add text to the invoice generated in your store.
Go to WooCommerce > Orders from your dashboard. Here is the resulting page’s screenshot.
On the opening page, click on the miniature version of the pencil icon.
Enter the shipping address in the respective fields and enter “customer provided note”.
Send invoice email to the customer.
Here is a screenshot of an invoice email showing customer notes.
All-In-One - Generate PDF Invoice, Packing Slip, Labels & Delivery Note.
Used by 10,000+ WooCommerce Stores
#1 in Customer Satisfaction
WebToffee Guarantee: Get Your Money Back if You Are Not Satisfied With The ProductBuy Now!