Adding custom fields to WooCommerce invoices might seem like a lot of customization and editing work. But, WebToffee’s WooCommerce PDF Invoices, Packing slips, and Credit notes pro-add-on for WooCommerce makes the process a lot easier.
Let’s take a look at the steps for adding custom fields to WooCommerce invoices.
- Install the basic/ free plugin WooCommerce PDF Invoice, Packing Slips, Delivery Notes and Shipping labels (free) plugin.
- Then install the WooCommerce PDF Invoices, Packing slips, and Credit notes pro-add-on to your site.
- Go to WooCommerce > Invoice/ Packing > Invoice from the WordPress dashboard.
- Then navigate to Invoice > Advanced.
From the invoice settings window, move on to the Advanced tab. You can add:
- Product attribute
Add product attribute
- From the product attribute, click the Add/Edit Product Attribute button.
- Into the popup that appears, from Add New tab section, key in with field name and the respective meta key.
- Then, click on the Save button.
For example, let’s create a custom product attribute for a product. Go to Products from your WordPress dashboard. From the product data panel, move on to the Attributes section.
The string entered for the field ‘Name‘ must be added as the Meta Key in the invoice settings. Upon adding the attribute, the screen will be as shown below:
A sample invoice with product attribute will be as shown below: