We know that WooCommerce sends order confirmation email on placing every successful order. What if we can attach the PDF version of the invoice along with it? Let’s see how it can be achieved by the help of a simple WooCommerce invoice plugin by Web Toffee.
Invoice is a document which lists out the details of payment and items ordered. It is definitely reliable to have the soft copy of the invoice sent to the customer as soon as the order is confirmed. Furthermore, the plugin provides various ways to design and customize your invoice with pre-defined templates.
Checkout our tutorial which explains how an invoice can be send along with the WooCommerce order email.
Let’s walk through the steps required to send emails with pdf invoice attached to it.
Installation of the Plugin
- Go to My Account > “API Downloads” tab and download the plugin.
Note: If you have the basic/free version already installed, please Deactivate and Delete the Basic Version before installing Premium Version to avoid any conflict. Your plugin settings will be retained on your website.
- Install the downloaded plugin into your WordPress / WooCommerce site.
- You will get an Activation Key and Activation Email at My Account -> “API Keys”.
- Go to your site admin and the Settings page of the plugin and activate it using email and key.
Send PDF Invoice with WooCommerce order email
Once the plugin is installed and activated, the Invoice/Pack Slip menu appears on the WordPress dashboard. Navigate to the Invoice, all the generic settings pertaining to the invoice are included in the General tab as shown below.
- Generate Invoice for Order Statuses: This option lists all the order statuses for which invoices can be generated. You can select multiple statuses based on your requirement. It is on the basis of the status selected in this filed which triggers the email.
- Attach invoice PDF in the email: Enable it toYes to attach the PDF version of the currently active invoice template with the order email.
- Enable Print Invoice option for customers: You will able to display a print invoice button for your customers.
A sample email with invoice attachment with a print invoice button is as shown below:
A sample invoice with the logo will be as shown below:
To have a facility to send invoice along with the order confirmation email is definitely a convenient feature to look forward for. To know more about the plugin refer here.