This article details adding a PDF invoice with WooCommerce customer order emails. Attaching an Invoice PDF with an Order email is an exciting feature. It allows both the customer and the seller to have a legal record of the sale and the amount owed. This plugin allows one to attach a PDF invoice depending upon the pre-chosen order status. Selecting multiple order statuses trigger more than one email with a PDF attachment.
- A WooCommerce store with WooCommerce PDF Invoices, Packing Slips, Delivery Notes and Shipping Labels plugin enabled.
- Invoice enabled from the General settings tab.
- Have the company and address information filled out before customizing the invoice.
Steps to attach automated emails with customer order emails
- In the WordPress dashboard click on Invoices/Packing from the navigation menu. This displays the default Documents tab. In the Documents tab, Click on the Settings button next to the Invoice. This displays the general Invoice settings page. Otherwise, One can select Invoice/Packing > Invoice to get to the general settings tab.
- In the General tab, look out for the option, Attach invoice PDF in order email. Check on the checkbox to attach PDF invoices to the customer order emails. This sends emails depending upon the order statutes.
- Selecting create invoice option automatically will automate the emailing process depending on the appropriate order statuses. This drop-down list box lists 8 order statues to choose from. The below image shows the order statues. Selecting multiple options allows one to send emails for different order statuses.
For example, On choosing status as Completed, an invoice will be sent to the customer’s email as soon as the order is completed. The below image shows a sample email attached to a customer order email.
- Click on Update Settings at the end of the page to update the new changes.
- Was this article helpful?
- Yes, thanks!Not really
April 30, 2023
Is there any possibility to send the invoice manually? For example, connected to “Customer invoice / Order details”.
May 9, 2023
Thanks for reaching out. Yes, Invoices can be sent manually from the orders edit page. From the orders action section, choose the action as Email invoice / order details to customer and click on Update.
January 3, 2023
I enabled the feature of “Attach invoice PDF for selected order statuses” followed the instructions, but I didn’t found PDF invoice in the order complete mail except a link of “print invoice”.
Are there any prerequisites or limitations for this feature?
I use mailpoet (https://www.mailpoet.com/) to delivery emails.
January 4, 2023
According to our understanding, the MailPoet plugin doesn’t allow attaching documents along with their emails. It’s already stated on their plugin page.
If you switch the “Switch all site’s email with” option located on the Advanced tab of the MailPoet plugin settings to “The default WordPress sending method”, the attachments will work fine.