Providing great deals to customers results in better conversion and customer retention. URL Coupon is a better way of doing it by passing a coupon through a link. The coupons will be automatically applied for customers visiting the embedded link. Automatically applying the coupon to cart simplifies the checkout procedures enhancing additional convenience for purchasing with a coupon.
URL Coupons help you add a unique URL and generates a QR code to any coupon in your e-commerce store. Clicking this URL or scanning the QR code ensures that the underlying coupon is applied as per its respective configuration e.g allow discount, giveaway free product whatever the case maybe.
Some of the benefits of using URL Coupons are:
- Automatically apply discounts for customers
- Redirect customers after application
- Increase conversion by removing coupon fields
- Personalised coupon URLs to reward customers
Check out the tutorial to know how to auto-apply coupons using custom URLs in your WooCommerce store.
How to implement URL Coupon
You can implement a URL Coupon for a blog post internally or for any external site very easily in few easy steps.
- Create a URL Coupon in the following manner:
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Coupons, create a new coupon by clicking on Add Coupon.
- Key in an appropriate coupon code and description.
- Configure the coupon in the required manner. For example, if you wish to offer a 20 percent discount for the URL coupon. Then, create a percentage discount coupon with coupon value 20.
- From the Action coupon tab:
- Enter an appropriate text in the unique URL field. This string will be appended with your site URL to form a unique coupon URL (sale20).
- You can add a product to which the coupon must be applied in the Product to add to cart field. (Men’s Cotton T-shirt-Red)
- Define where the link should be redirected to in the Redirect after applying field (Checkout).
The URL coupons are a better alternative than the usual coupon code boxes that are a real conversion killers where customers leave your site to search for coupons, and may not return. URL coupons give you the flexibility to redirect the customers to the cart along with a coupon by reducing the mess of entering the coupon codes. URL coupons can also give you the perfect way to make your print advertising actionable.
Know more about other coupon extension plugin- Smart coupon for WooCommerce