WooCommerce quotation requests are the requests for price estimates sent by customers to the website managers. These requests are then analyzed by the store administrators and a quote is sent back to the customers. But in some situations, the store owners may need to automate sending these responses based on pre-set prices of the products.
Automatically responding to WooCommerce quotation requests helps you reply to customer requests at the earliest possible time. This can improve customer satisfaction and store experience. The automatic nature of the response also ensures that you don’t miss any of the requests sent by the customers.
There are several WooCommerce plugins that offer WooCommerce quotation request features. However, a special mention can be made for the WebToffee WooCommerce quotation request plugin. It offers you several features and customization that you may need to enable sending WooCommerce quote requests and responding to them. Let’s make use of this plugin to set up an automatic response for WooCommerce quotation requests.
Why do you need to automate replying to WooCommerce quotation requests?
One of the most important questions pertaining to automating the WooCommerce quotation request response is WHY? Why do you need to do that?
There are several reasons why a business needs to automate WooCommerce quotation requests. Let’s look at some of them in detail.
- Quotation request employed to hide price from the competition
If you are operating in a highly competitive market and are facing difficulties in selling your products, it might be because your competitors are dynamically changing their prices based on your pricing.
You can easily solve this by hiding your prices in the store. Your customers can ask for a product quote if they find the product relevant. By automating the response, your customers will receive an instant response. So no time will be wasted – for both you and your customers.
This is especially relevant if you are a small business competing in a large market.
- Limitations in the workforce to manage and maintain the requests
If you have a small team or are understaffed, checking and responding to quote requests on top of your routine tasks would be overwhelming. In such situations, you can make your WooCommerce quote responses automatic.
This would free your staff from manually responding to each request. Also, since the quotation will use the prices pre-set in the store, you do not have to worry about the estimate going below your profit margin.
- Don’t want to negotiate prices
Some businesses may want to offer quotes to their customers but would not want to negotiate the price or reduce the marked price. Offering a fixed price would be the best option for them. Also, automated quote responses will effectively cut down the response time.
- Never miss any WooCommerce quote requests due to manual error
Responding to WooCommerce quote requests is a highly demanding job. So the chances of making an error or missing a request are not far from reality.
Automating responses to quotation requests can help reduce the workload of customer service staff, allowing them to focus on more complex or urgent issues.
- Increase scalability
Automating WooCommerce quote responses can help businesses handle a large volume of quotation requests, particularly if they are experiencing rapid growth or have a high volume of traffic on their website.
How to set up a WooCommerce quote feature in your store?
Requesting for quotation can be set up on your WooCommerce store with the help of the WebToffee quotation request plugin for WooCommerce. The plugin lets you
- Remove the pricing of all/specific products from the store
- Remove the add to cart button for all/selected products
- Add to quote button in the WooCommerce pages
- Set quote expiry
- Force users to register to request a quote
- Hide add to quote for guest users
- Configure the request a quote page
- Enable reCAPTCHA v3 verification for request quote form submission
- Set up WooCommerce autocomplete form
- Generate WooCommerce quote requests automatically
- Enable customers to ask for quotes again
- Set up email notifications to alert users and admins about the quote request progress
- Customize the WooCommerce quote request buttons and labels
To set up the feature, you will need to install and activate the plugin in your WordPress console first. To do this,
- Go to your WordPress admin dashboard and navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Upload the plugin zip file that you will receive after purchasing the plugin in the allotted slot.
- Install and then activate the plugin.
This will add a new section named Quotes to the navigation bar of your admin panel. You will be able to find all the configurations regarding this plugin there.
Now let’s see how you can automate WooCommerce quotation responses in your store.
Automate WooCommerce quote generation in your store
To automate WooCommerce quotation response,
- Go to Quotes in the side navigation bar of your WordPress admin console.
- In the General tab, enable ‘Add to quote’ for all products. If you want to enable this only for out of stock products, check the article on WooCommerce quote requests for out of stock products.
- Mention where the ‘Add to quote button should be placed’. It can be placed on single product pages and/or on the shop page.
- Also, select where the ‘Add to quote’ button should be positioned.
- Make sure the Hide prices option is enabled to remove the pre-set pricing of the products from the storefront.
- Similarly to remove the ‘Add to cart’ button from the cart, check the box corresponding to the Hide ‘Add to cart’ button.
- Ensure to save the changes before proceeding to the next step.
- To automate quote response, go to Quote settings > Quote.
- Enable the checkbox corresponding to Generate and send quotes automatically.
- Click on Update Settings to save the changes made to the default configuration.
You may also set up more quote features that you find necessary for your store. Follow the instructions mentioned in the WooCommerce quotation request setup guide for doing this.
Is an automatic response to WooCommerce quotation requests worth it?
It is pretty difficult to answer this question without fully understanding the user’s specific needs and requirements. But, in general, if your store has implemented WooCommerce quotation requests and is struggling to keep up with the number of requests that you receive each day, automating the responses will be a game changer for you.
Overall, automating the process of responding to WooCommerce quotation requests can help businesses provide a better customer experience, improve efficiency, and scale their operations more effectively. It can also help streamline the customer experience and improve efficiency for businesses using WooCommerce.
In conclusion, WooCommerce quotation request automation reduces response time, improves the accuracy of the processes, reduces the overall workload, and lets you scale your business by reallocating your workforce to more critical areas.
You can set up WooCommerce quotation requests and automate them with the WebToffee WooCommerce quote plugin. Check that plugin out and enjoy its benefits.
Hope this article was helpful to you. Do let us know what you think in the comments.
Checkout the related articles to understand more about the plugin and its use cases,