The online retail industry is growing at a very rapid pace that we have never seen before.
The industry is, therefore, becoming increasingly competitive and businesses require effective marketing strategies to help them strive and survive in the marketplace.
One of the biggest challenges of a WooCommerce store owner is offering discounts for their products. The discounted prices should be 1) reasonable enough so that the customers will purchase the product 2) should produce a profit 3) encourage customers to come back and shop for more.
Discount coupons in WooCommerce, specifically BOGO, can easily help you with these challenges. BOGO coupons are often employed by online retail businesses to encourage customers to purchase more by offering them rewards. This way of incentivizing not only improves average cart/order value but also helps in selling off old stocks.
BOGO discounts are time-tested sales strategies that are sure to make a difference in your sales volume. It is a smart way to upsell and cross-sell products to your customers.
Listed below are some of the most efficient WooCommerce coupon enhancement plugins that offer WooCommerce BOGO functionalities. Take a look!
1. Smart Coupons for WooCommerce
Smart Coupons for WooCommerce is a freemium promotional marketing plugin for WordPress that adds advanced coupon-related functionalities to your WooCommerce store. In addition to BOGO features, Smart Coupons for WooCommerce also help you with creating and customizing different types of coupons that suit your business requirements.
Creating WooCommerce BOGO coupons with Smart Coupons for WooCommerce plugin is a seamless task. Even though its features are really advanced, the plugin has a simple and intuitive user interface that is easy to understand and work with.
The Smart Coupons for WooCommerce house all the features and customizations required to create and manage a multitude of BOGO discount variations hassle-free.
Furthermore, the BOGO deal in Smart Coupons for WooCommerce is not just a unidirectional ‘Buy One Get One’ deal. It is in fact, a ‘Buy X, Get Y for free or at a discount’ offer. For example, ‘Buy one pizza, get another one for a 50% discount’.
- Easy to configure any type of Buy X Get Y at a Z discount deal.
- You can fully customize the X, Y, and Z in the Buy X Get Y at a Z discount.
- Options to configure the giveaway products (giveaway for full or partial discounts) – either specific products or products that satisfy specific criteria.
- Options to specify the products that are eligible for the discount.
- Features to specify minimum order quantity, minimum spend, and other qualifying conditions.
- Sophisticated product and category restrictions including product/category exclusions for BOGO Coupons.
- Options to include or exclude items that are currently on sale.
- Customizations to allow using BOGO coupons in conjunction with other WooCommerce coupons.
- Options to tax only the discount amount rather than the full product price.
- Allow the repeated application of the coupon on the same cart. For example, a customer can get 2 free products through a ‘Buy 2 Get 1’ deal if they add 4 qualifying products to the cart.
- Options to restrict the recipients based on payment/shipping method selected etc.
2. Discount rules for WooCommerce
Discount rules for WooCommerce is a WordPress dynamic pricing and discounts plugin that enables you to set up discount rules, real-time pricing, and BOGO offers to improve your retail store sales figures.
The Discount rules for WooCommerce plugin facilitate setting up BOGO coupons of all variations including Buy X Get X, and Buy X Get Y. You can also set up conditional discounts with the BOGO features. For example: Buy a t-shirt and get 25% off on the cheapest item on the cart.
Besides rewarding users with free products for purchases, you can also offer them discounted prices for selected products with the BOGO functionalities of this plugin. You can even customize the BOGO rewards that should be offered to the customers.
- Filters to specify the products eligible for the discount.
- Offer reward products/giveaways for free or at a discount
- Options to select specific giveaway products
- Options to customize X and Y in the Buy X Get Y offers
- Options to apply the same coupon more than once during the same purchase
3. Advanced Dynamic Pricing for WooCommerce
The Advanced Dynamic Pricing for WooCommerce is a plugin that focuses on setting up dynamic pricing and discount rules for WooCommerce products. You can also create powerful BOGO coupons with the help of this plugin.
This freemium plugin provides several BOGO customization options to assist you in creating coupons that meet your business requirements. The built-in product filters and free product conditions enable you to configure the qualifying and give-away conditions.
- Shortcodes to display BOGO products on separate pages
- Automatic coupon application to cart
- Ability to automatically identify qualifying products based on the specified attributes
- Buy X Get Y offers
- Options to give away products for free or at a discounted price
- Ability to let customers choose the giveaway products from a limited list
- Options to repeatedly apply BOGO coupons to the same cart
- Total cart subtotal for a specified number of products (For example, Buy any two at $100)
4. Conditional Discounts for WooCommerce
Conditional Discounts for WooCommerce is a comprehensive dynamic discounts plugin that offers BOGO functionalities in its premium version.
In addition to BOGO, you can also offer free gifts to selected users (based on their user roles). This can be achieved via the advanced classification options available in the plugin.
The plugin also helps to improve sales and boost customer loyalty by giving out free products via the BOGO coupons. You can also set up bulk discounts, wholesales, and customer-role-based pricing with this plugin.
Key BOGO offers:
- Buy one get one coupon configurations
- Buy two specific products and get a different product for free
- Buy two products of the same category, and get another one from a different category for free
- Get a product for free if the cart subtotal matches/goes above a set value
- Get to choose a product from a specific category for free when you purchase products from a different category
5. ELEX WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discounts plugin
The Dynamic Pricing and Discounts plugin from ELEX offers BOGO functionalities in its premium version.
The plugin offers configurations that let you set up BOGO offers on the product and category levels. You can also set up several BOGO discount rules with the plugin.
You can set up coupons with different discount types at the product, category, cart, and combination levels. Discounts can also be set up based on the number of products, their weight, and cost with this plugin from ELEX.
- Create BOGO discounts at the product, cart, category, and combination levels.
- Offers comprehensive BOGO customization features
- Select qualifying products based on the product tags
- Automatically adds qualifying free products to carts on applying the BOGO coupons
- Ability to create coupon discounts based on user roles, purchase history, etc.
6. YITH WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discounts
YITH WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discounts plugins is a promotions tool that helps to generate targeted to optimize conversions. You can also create BOGO promotions for your store with custom rules to help improve the sales volume.
The plugin offers several custom templates such as Buy X and get Y for free, Buy 1 Get 1, 3×2, 2×1, etc. for you to effortlessly set up BOGO coupons in no time.
You can create multiple BOGO deals, set priorities, schedule offer limits, and more with this plugin. You can also restrict the qualifying products, offer recipients, etc. with the plugin.
- When used in conjunction with the YITH membership plugin you can limit offering coupons to only your members
- Offer free products based on the cart quantity
- Configure BOGO for the entire product catalog or for selected categories.
- Create seasonal BOGO discounts
A final note
The plugins that are suitable for your business vary based on your business needs and use cases. Intricate inspection of the plugin is therefore a necessity to analyze whether the tool complies with your requirements.
The above-listed WooCommerce BOGO coupon plugins are selected after close examination and are proven to work with standard WooCommerce BOGO requirements. Even though this is the case, we suggest you completely check out the plugin before rolling it out.
Hope you were able to find the right plugin with the help of this article. Do let us know your thoughts about the plugins list in the comments section.