Smart Coupon for WooCommerce gives you the provision to create coupons with specific volume based or category based discount coupons. In order to achieve a Buy 2 get 50% off coupon, you will need to configure coupon accordingly with the required criteria to attain 50% off on purchase of at least 2 items from a particular category. Following are the steps to achieve this:
Configuring the coupon:
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Coupons > Add Coupon
- Key in an appropriate coupon code and description
- From the General tab of the coupon data panel:
- Select the Discount Type as Fixed Percentage Discount
- Enter the coupon value as 50 to attain a 50% discount.
- Check Apply Coupon Automatically option
- From the User Restriction tab:
- Select the category condition; for example as Clothing and Accessories.
- Set the Minimum quantity of matching products purchase as 2.
- Publish the coupon.
Next, purchase 2 or more products from the clothing and accessories category to avail 50% off for it.
- Select any 2 products from the clothing and accessories category from your store and move it to the cart.
- As and when the quantity of products turns out to be 2 or more, the coupon will be applied automatically.
- Now the order total will be calculated with a discount of 50 %.
In this use case we have explored the following features of Smart coupon for WooCommerce plugin:
- Fixed percentage discount with a definite coupon value
- Auto Apply coupon
- Conditional coupon usage restriction for a particular product category
- Minimum quantity of matching products