Telling customers about the available offers is a good way to drive sales. Display Discount for WooCommerce plugin shows details about existing WooCommerce Coupons on product pages. Display Discount for WooCommerce plugin works with default WooCommerce coupons and also with WebToffee Smart Coupons for WooCommerce plugin coupons(BOGO deals). Coupon properties on the front end are based on the usage restrictions set in the back end.
The plugin can be installed as a stand-alone or as an add-on to the Smart Coupons for WooCommerce plugin.
In a standalone installation, the plugin’s menu is added to the Marketing tab in the dashboard. When installed as an add-on, the menu is positioned under the Smart Coupons tab.
The below image shows the menu positions on installing the plugin.
In a standalone installation, the plugin’s license activation tab is listed at Marketing > Display discount > License tab. When installed as an add-on, the license activation tab is positioned at Smart coupons > General settings > License tab.
Image below shows the license activation screens on standalone and add-on installations.
Features of the plugin
- Display offer and coupon details on the product page.
- Templates for the coupons.
- Displays details such as coupon name, discount percentage or value and coupon restrictions.
- Link to eligible product list.
Lets us take a look at the general plugin configuration.
This page allows us to configure the general settings of the plugin. From this page one can choose the coupon templates. The General configuration page of the plugin is shown below.
The configurations listed in the general section are as follows.
- Enable to show coupon offers on product pages – Enable to show the display coupon section on the product page. When disabled the section is not visible in the front end but its still configurable. The below image shows a product page with display coupon section enabled.
- Choose template – List of templates to choose for the coupons. There are 2 templates available now.
- Number of coupons to display – A number of coupons to display on the display coupon section on the product page, regardless of the number of available coupons. The minimum value is 3 and the maximum is 10. If the available coupons on the site exceed the set limit, then priority is given to the recently created coupons.
- Hide for guest users – Hides the display coupon section in the product page for guest users. When disabled the guest users can view the offers as well.
- Hide coupons without restrictions – When enabled only coupons with usage limits/restrictions including expiry restrictions are displayed. When disabled all the coupons will be displayed subject to the custom settings.
In the below image we can see that the coupon. FLAT100 is removed after enabling Hide coupons without restrictions option.
The display coupon section on the product page can be configured through this page. The customize page is shown below:
The various configurations of the Customize page are listed below.
- Position – Shows a list of available positions to display the display coupon section in the product page. Works based on default wooCommerce hooks in the theme. The options available are as follows:
- After add to cart button
- Before add to cart button
- After single product summary
- After product meta end
- Before product meta start
- Section title -This option allows to set the title of the display coupon section. The default value is ‘Available offers’. This is a mandatory field and cant be left empty.
- Section description – This option allows to set an optional description to show below the title in the display coupon section.
- Show coupon code – Enable to include coupon code in the template. Hiding the coupon may allow to auto apply offers. This requires enabling Smart Coupon for WooCommerce plugin. The image shows the coupons without code.
- Show click to copy – Enable to click-to-copy text on the template. The below image shows the click-to-copy option enabled.
- Show restriction info – When enabled shows the coupon restrictions on the template. The below image shows coupons with restrictions.
- Show link to eligible products – When enabled shows a link to eligible products for which the coupon applies. The following image shows a hyper link to eligible products. Clicking on the link will display all the products that the coupon is applicable.
- Behaviour on clicking the link – When enabled shows a link to eligible products for a given coupon. The link can be opened in a new page or on the same page.
- Show expiry timer – Enable to show a countdown timer on the template, if the coupon has an expiry date. The following image shows a coupon with expiry timer set.
Coupon edit page
Display discount for WooCommerce plugin adds features to the Coupon edit page as well. The option allows configuring the coupon visibility from the edit page. Setting this option overrides the other visibility customizations.
- Show coupon on product pages – Enable to include the coupon on the display coupon section of the product page.