Product Import Export for WooCommerce plugin provides the solution to all your needs of exporting products of different languages in a CSV file. The advantages of the plugin are as given below:
- Product Export-Import plugin allows you to easily export a large number of translated products by using WPML (WordPress Multilingual) plugins.
- The plugin exports all the details of translated products like images, category, SKU, regular price, sales prices, metadata, etc. into the CSV file flawlessly.
For more information about CSV format, see Setting Up Product Import Export Plugin For WooCommerce.
Activate WPML plugins: Multilingual Tools, WPML Media, WPML Multilingual CMS, WPML String Translation, WPML Translation Management and WooCommerce Multilingual.
Now, let’s understand the exporting of multilingual products through an example.
But, just before exporting, we will go through the steps to translate the products to another language.
How to translate the product to another language by using WPML plugins?
- Navigate to Dashboard > Products. Under the English option, you can see all the added products of the English language. The sample product will appear shown as below:
- Under the German option, you can see all the added products of the German language. The Sample product is shown as below:
- Let’s translate English product to German. To do that click on English to see the product. It is as shown below:
- Select the required product and click Translate WooCommerce products, the window appears as shown below:
- Click ‘+‘ sign to add German Translation, the window appears as shown below:
- Enter all the required translation fields.
- Select the Translation is Complete check-box.
- Click Save & Close. You get the message as shown below:
- Under the German option, you can see the translated product. It is shown as below: So, we have products as given below:
English: Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos by Hike force
German: Keyboard, Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos von HikeForce
Now, let’s export these products to CSV files.
Important: To export products of the specific language, please make sure that you have selected the same language at the admin dashboard.
- Navigate to Admin settings (WooCommerce > Product Im-Ex) of Plugin. Under the Product tab, the Export window appears as shown below:
- Offset: Enter the product row number at which you wish to start the export.
- Limit: Enter the number of products that you wish to export from Offset number.
- Product Categories: Select the product category(s) so that plugin exports the products which are assigned to specific categories. The sample list of categories is as shown below:
- Product Types: Select the product’s type (s), so that the plugin exports products which are assigned to specific types. Sample list of product types is as shown below:
- Sort Columns: Enter the column name(s) by which you want to sort the products in CSV file. If you want to sort the products by more than one column name, enter Comma (‘,’) in between the column names. post_parent and ID are added by default, and the other accepted columns for sorting the products are as given below:
- Delimiter: With this field, you can change the comma separated file to ‘|’ or ‘.” separated file according to your requirement.
- Columns: Select the checkbox for required columns if you want to export specific columns. With the Column Name field, you can modify the column header in the CSV file. To do that, simply enter the required column name for the specific column.
- Include hidden metadata: Select the checkbox if you want to show hidden metadata of your products in CSV file. To get thumbnail IDs of the product images, select this checkbox.
- Click Export Products, the CSV file gets auto-downloaded to your computer.
For English, the sample exported product CSV file is as shown below:Note: You can download the Exported Sample CSV for English Product. For German, the sample exported products CSV file is as shown below:Note: You can download the Exported Sample CSV for German Product.
To know more about other features of the plugin, read the documentation.
Try out our Product Import Export Plugin For WooCommerce to move products and reviews from/to your site easily.