With Print Invoice, Packing Slip, Delivery Note & Label Plugin for WooCommerce plugin, you can print, download and manage WooCommerce invoices.
- Attach PDF version of the currently active invoice template in the WooCommerce order email.
- Set up a custom invoice number with prefix/suffix/number series.
- Append additional order or product meta details into the invoice.
- Allow to customize the invoice using the inbuilt templates and modify them to suit your needs.
Check out the video tutorial to set up the plugin.
All right, now let’s get down to set up an invoice.
- First of all, install and activate the plugin, a new menu Invoice/Packing appears in the WordPress dashboard.
- Head on to Invoice/Packing > Invoice menu. The invoice settings window will open up.
- Go to General Settings > Documents tab > Invoice > Settings.
The settings included in the general tab are as shown below:
- Enable invoice: Disable to remove the invoice view/print provisions for orders, still, the admin can customize the template and set the invoice number.
- Group by category: To group the same category products.
- Use order date as invoice date: On disabling this, the invoice date will be the date on which it is generated.
- Sort products by: Sort products on the basis of Name and SKU.
- Generate invoice for order statuses– Generates invoice only for chosen order statuses. You can select multiple statuses based on your requirements.
- Attach invoice PDF in the order email: Enable to attach PDF version of the currently active invoice template in the order email.
- Enable print option for customers: You will able to display a print invoice button for your customers.
- Enable variation data: To include variation data of the product in the invoice, enable this option.
- Total tax column display options: Displays the total tax column in any of the selected formats. Available formats are: Amount, Rate(%), Rate(%) with amount.
For example, If $500 is the total price and the tax rate is 20%, then, the total tax will be displayed in the invoice in the following manner:
- Rate(%) with amount – $100(20%)
- Show individual tax column in product table: Choose ‘Yes’ to have individual columns for tax in the invoice. If multiple taxes are set up in your store, each tax item will be displayed separately in individual columns. The various tax display formats are: Amount, Rate(%), Rate(%) with amount, Separate columns for Rate(%) and Amount.
- Upload signature: If you want the signature to be displayed in the invoice, upload it in this field.
- Custom logo for invoice: Upload a custom logo different for the invoice. Leave it blank, to populate the default logo.
Finally, click on the Update Settings button to save the settings.
Custom invoice number
Next, you can set up a custom invoice number with prefix/suffix/number series or even mirror the order number as invoice number respectively.
Invoice number format: Specify the format in which the invoice has to be generated. For example, [prefix][number][suffix]
Use the order number as invoice number: Choose Yes to use the order number as the invoice number. To have a custom invoice number, select No and input the necessary details into the respective fields.
Invoice Start Number: Enter the Invoice Start Number.
Invoice Number Prefix: Input a prefix value that will appear at the beginning of the invoice number. You can use any of the date formats or alphanumeric characters in this field as shown in the popup.
Invoice Number Suffix: Enter the suffix that will appear at the trailing end of the invoice number. You can use any of the date formats or alphanumeric characters as a suffix as shown in the image above.
Invoice Length: Indicates the total length of the invoice number padded with zeroes. For example, Input invoice number length as 7 with initial number as 8009. then, the newly generated number will be 0008009, padded with 3 zeroes.
Update and reset the invoice number format settings by clicking on the Update and Reset button.
Customize and Preview
With the customizer, you can customize the overall appearance of the invoice. Choose a template from a pre-defined one and start working on it.
Select a template
To create a new invoice template,
- Select a template from the Create new template option.
- From the inbuilt templates that pop up, choose a layout.
- The template displays sample data for customization. Users can make the necessary changes to the layout using the toggle options.
- Prior to activating the layout, you can have a sample preview of the recent order’s invoice in PDF format. To get the preview of a specific order, key in with the respective order number in the field provided.
- Switch to the code editor, to make additional customizations other than the one listed in the visual editor.
- While making changes via code editor it would be better for you to refer to the help which briefs about placeholders, alternate classes for RTL support, etc.
Save and activate the template to use it further for your invoice.
Configure advanced settings to display order/product meta details beneath the product in the invoice. Learn more
Order meta fields
Append additional order information in the invoice by selecting the required item from the drop-down. You can select a field from the list of default fields.
- Click the Add/Edit Order Meta Field button to create custom meta fields.
- From the Add new tab specify a custom Field Name and the respective Meta Key to add a new order meta.
Get the order meta keys from the custom field section of the WooCommerce Order page.
- To view, edit or delete previously added meta, click on previously added tab.
You can edit/delete previously added order meta.
Product meta fields
- Append additional product information in the invoice by adding product metadata.
- Click the Add/Edit Product Meta to add a new product meta field by providing a custom field name and the respective meta key for the field. Get the meta key of a product from the respective third party plugin that you are using.
- For example, the meta key for the weight of a WooCommerce product is _weight.
To view, edit or delete previously added product meta, click on previously added tab.
You can edit/delete previously added product meta.
- To have product attributes in the invoice, simply add them by using the Add/Edit Product attribute button.
- Add new tab will give you options to specify the field name and the corresponding meta of the product attribute.
Likewise, you can view, edit, or delete previously created attributes from the previously added tab.
Custom footer for invoice: Key in with a custom footer for the invoice in the text area. If left blank, then the default footer from General settings will be loaded.
Bundled product display options
This option is only applicable if you are using WooCommerce Product Bundles / YITH WooCommerce Product Bundle add-on
Invoice for free orders
Generate invoices for free orders: Choose ‘No’ to not generate invoice for free orders.
Display line items
Choose ‘No’ to not display free line items in the invoice.
Custom PDF Name
- PDF name format: Select a name format for PDF invoice that includes invoice/order number.
- Custom prefix: Input a custom prefix for ‘PDF name format’ that will appear at the beginning of the name. Defaulted to ‘Invoice_’.
At last, click on the Update Settings button to save the changes.
PDF invoice attachment
PDF attached to the order mail with download and print provisions are as shown below.
Print or download the invoice from the WooCommerce Orders page as shown below:
A sample invoice will be as shown below: