One of the latest trends in e-commerce is to provide giveaway products, preferably along with coupons to elevate sales. Smart coupon for WooCommerce plugin enables you to set up giveaway discounts easily.
All you have to do is to create a coupon embedded with giveaway product/s. The customer can opt for the required giveaway product at the checkout. Also, the plugin gives options to set giveaways at a discounted rate or percentage. For example, Buy X and get Y at a discounted price, Spend X and get Y at a discounted percentage, etc.
- First of all, install and activate the plugin, a new menu Smart coupon will appear in your WordPress dashboard.
- Head on to Smart coupon > Coupons.
Setup giveaway product
You can create a coupon with a giveaway product in the following manner:
- From the coupon window that opens up, click on Add coupon to create a new coupon.
- Then, key in with appropriate coupon code and description.
- From the coupon data meta box, head on to Giveaway products tab.
- Select a free product/s to associate with the coupon.
- From the Free products dop down, select one or multiple products to set as giveaway. This will add free product/s to the customer’s cart on applying coupon. However, at the checkout the plugin prompts the customer to choose a a free product from the available products.
- Set the quantity of free products to add to cart.
- It is in the Giveway discount field where you can offer the free product at discounted price or percentage. Input the value and select % or $. For example, you can offer 30% discount, or 30$ discount of the selected free product. To set the whole product as free, you needn’t select anything here.
- Apply Discount before tax: Check this to discount the tax of the giveaway product also in addition to the product price.
- Finally, publish the coupon.