Often store owners want to display custom VAT details in the invoice. Print Invoice, Packing Slip, Delivery Note & Label Plugin for WooCommerce allows you to add VAT details into the invoice as order meta.
Let’s take a look at the steps for adding custom VAT data to the WooCommerce invoice.
- Firstly, install and activate PDF Invoice/Packing plugin for WooCommerce on your site.
- Then, from WordPress dashboard, navigate to Invoice/Packing.
Adding custom checkout field
To add additonal custom field at the checkout:
- Go to Invoice/Packing > General Settings > Advanced.
- You can see the option Add additional fields on checkout page. You can checkout field in two ways:
Predefined checkout field
The plugin provides two pre-defined values as SSN and VAT.
Select the required item to display it at the chekout. The buyer can enter the data into the fields on checkout.
Add/edit custom field
To add a new custom field at the checkout other than the ones available:
Click on Add/edit custom field button. Into the pop up that opens up enter the Field Name, Meta Key, Placeholder. Also mark Yes if the field is mandatory.
Then, click on save.
To edit or delete existing fields, move on to the Previously added tab. Click on edit or delete icon against an item.
Custom field at the checkout
As per the above example, three additional fields appear at checkout field as shown below:
Show VAT in the invoice
The plugin displays VAT data in the invoice as an order meta. Follow the steps below to add meta in the invoice:
- From the WordPress dashboard, go to Invoice/Packing > Invoice.
- Head on to the Advanced tab.
From the order meta field, choose VAT. The plugin provides inbuilt support to the three most popular WooCommerce VAT metakeys as vat(_billing_vat), vat(_billing_vat_number), vat(_billing_eu_vat_number).
You can select the one apt for your site and save the settings. Now, the VAT data will be shown on your invoice.
To add other custom order meta details (probably from another third-party plugin) other than the ones displayed in the drop-down,
- From the VAT meta field, click on Add/Edit Order Meta Field button.
- Into the popup that appears, from Add New tab section, key in custom Field Name and its corresponding Meta Key.
- Then, click on the Save button.
You can modify or delete existing order metadata from the Previously added tab.
Sample invoice with VAT
A sample invoice with custom VAT will be as shown below: