Imagine this, you are purchasing something from a store and a coupon redeemed automatically, without any effort. How happy you will be as a customer? Sometimes redeeming coupons can be a complicated process. Customers may have to enter coupon code every time if there is an error during checkout.
But what if there is no problem with redeeming coupons? What if it is a very simple process? Then you can surprise your customers with a discount in their cart without even doing anything. Happy customers bring more business. Another peculiar advantage is that, its not just one or two, you can set five coupons to get applied automatically.
How to Generate Auto-added Coupons?
Auto-added coupons are possible by using coupon extension Smart Coupons for WooCommerce. This plugin will help you to generate coupons and once the discount conditions and cart conditions are matched, coupons will be redeemed automatically.
It is a simple set-up that you can implement with the extension plugin. We’ll explain how to increase your sale by using auto-added coupon step by step in this article.
How to Redeem Coupons Automatically?
Here we’ll discuss how to redeem two different coupons automatically.
- Apply coupon automatically only if the minimum spend is 100 or more
- Apply coupon automatically on your 10th purchase
Before that install and set up the extension plugin Smart Coupons for WooCommerce. Now follow the given steps:
Create an auto-coupon
Let’s take a simple example, Ex: 10% discount
- Go to WooCommerce > Coupons from your dashboard.
- From the Coupons window, click on the Add Coupon button.
- From General panel configure the Discount type and Coupon amount
- Enable Apply coupon automatically option in General panel
- Then, Publish the coupon
This simple coupon can be automatically redeemed every time from the cart because it has no other conditions to satisfy. So we’ll show you how to use this feature to maximize the number of sales with the help of 2 use cases.
- Apply coupon automatically only if the minimum spend is $100 or more
- Apply coupon automatically on your nth purchase
Let’s see how this can be implemented.
Use case 1: Apply coupon automatically only if the minimum spend is 100 or more
You can use the coupon that you published before to do this by editing its features. For that you have to set a minimum spend.
Here is how it can be done:
- Edit your coupon from the Coupons page
- Navigate to the Usage restriction panel
- Enter a value in the Minimum spend field
- Update the coupon
Here is how it will look like for a customer
Use case 2: Apply coupon automatically on your 5th purchase
Same as above, edit your published coupon. Follow the below steps
- Edit your published coupon from the Coupons page
- Navigate to the Purchase History panel
- Select Number of orders drop down value as equals
- Use the text box next to the Number of orders to enter nth order
- Select appropriate Order status to apply discount only on successful orders
- Update the coupon
This is how it looks in your store for a customer on his 5th successful order
For more information on creating coupons, read this documentation.
To know more about other features, check the product page.