How to change the payment method for an active subscription
Often subscribers are in need of changing the payment method for various reasons like expiry of the credit card etc. With the Subscription for WooCommerce plugin subscribers can change the payment method of an active subscription very easily.
Steps to change the payment method for an active subscription
- Navigate to My Account > My Subscriptions from your store, all active subscriptions will be listed here.
- Click on View, the subscription details like status, its start date, next payment date along with Suspend, Cancel and Change payment options will be displayed.
From the above image, you can see that the payment method used is PayPal. Here, we will see how the payment method can be updated to a credit card (stripe).
- Update the payment method by clicking on the Change Payment button. The payment methods configured in your store will be listed here. Choose any one from the list of available payment methods.
- For instance, if you want to change your payment method from PayPal to Credit Card(Stripe), then select the respective option and click on the Change Payment Method.
- A message denoting the successful change in the payment method will be notified to the subscriber as shown below:
Once the payment method is updated, the successive payments for subscription will be taken from the updated payment mode. An email notification will also be sent to the store owner with details of the updated payment mode as shown below:
Refer Email Notifications for Subscription to know more on email set up.