WooCommerce coupon system lets you create a variety of coupons to attract customers to your online store. But the default coupon setup may be inadequate to fulfill certain customer needs. An extended coupon plugin like the Smart coupon for WooCommerce may serve the purpose. It will help you to create personalized or custom coupons for your store.
One of the most common and popularly used is giveaway offer is the Buy X and get X for a 50% OFF coupon.
- Firstly, install and activate the plugin, navigate to Smart Coupon > Coupons from your WordPress dashboard.
- Click on Add coupon button.
- Key in an appropriate coupon code and description
- Head on to the Usage restriction tab.
Configuring the coupon
From the Usage Restriction tab:
- Select a product from the Product field to offer a giveaway on purchase of that product.
- Set the Minimum quantity of matching products purchase as 2 so that the coupon will be applicable only for the minimum purchase of 2 specific products.
From the Giveaway tab,
- Select a product from the giveaway product field to set as giveaway. In this example, we can select the same product as giveaway with discount.
- From the quantity field, select the number of products to offer as giveaway . In this case, choose 1 to offer only product as giveaway.
- Assign a percentage or fixed amount discount as the giveaway discount. Here, let us specify it to be as 50%.
Now, publish the coupon.
Redeeming the coupon
Your customer can redeem the coupon on purchasing the required quantity of matching products as shown below: