How to Export WooCommerce Products by Product type
The Product import export plugin for WooCommerce plugin can be used to export products into CSV/XML file. The exported file will contain all the product information from your WooCommerce store. You can use this plugin to export simple, grouped, external and variable products, including custom product types such as subscription, bundle or bookable products.
Some of the peculiar features of this plugin are that it consists of several inbuilt filters by which the export can be customized. You can obtain the exported file by product type, category, product status, etc.
In this article, let us see how the products can be exported by product type. First of all, install and activate the plugin. From the dashboard, navigate to WooCommerce > Product Im-Ex.
To start exporting products, click the Export button. The export settings are as shown below:
In order to filter the export by product type, navigate to the product type field as shown below;
- Product types: Select the desired product types to be exported from this field. You can import simple, variable, grouped or external products only or any combinations of these types.
Some of the other options available in the export settings window are the following:
- Offset: Allows you to set an offset value that lets you skip a specific number of products before exporting.
- Limit: Allows you to specify the number of products to be exported.
For example, if Offset=0 and Limit=50, the first 50 products will be exported.
If Offset=10 and Limit=50, the first 10 products will be skipped, and the remaining 50 products will be exported (from product number 11 to 60).
- Product Categories: Allows you to select categories of products to be exported. This option can be used as a filter for exporting products of certain categories.
- Sort Columns: Allows you to enter the column name(s) by which you want to sort the products in the CSV file. If you want to sort the products by more than one column name, enter a comma (‘,’) in between the column names. Accepted columns for sorting the products are as given below:
Note: post_parent and ID columns are entered by default. However, if you want to sort the products first by Product ID, you can manually enter the ID in the Sort Columns field.
- Delimiter: Enter a delimiter to separate the mapping values. By default, a comma is taken as the delimiter. You can also use characters like /, ” “, |, @ and so on.
- Select a mapping file for export: Similar to import settings, you can select an existing mapping file for exporting products. This option is enabled only when you create your first mapping file.
- Columns: Select checkboxes from the Column field for the required columns to be exported. With the Column Name field, you can modify the column header in the CSV file. To do this, simply enter an appropriate name for the specified column.
Additional options for exporting:
- Save the export mapping: Enter a mapping filename for exporting.
- Include hidden metadata: Select the checkbox if you want to show hidden metadata of your products in the CSV file. To get thumbnail IDs of the product images, select this checkbox.
- Export Children SKU of Grouped Products: Enable this checkbox to link parent and child products with SKU. If this box is unchecked, parent and child products are linked using the product ID.
- Convert shortcodes to HTML: Enable this option to convert shortcode to HTML in the exported CSV.
- Export images as Zip file: When this option is chosen, the exported CSV will include only the names of the images of the products instead of the entire path/URL. To link the products with their corresponding images, all the images that are related to the products being imported will be downloaded to a zip file.
The Export Images as Zip file option is set to no by default. So if you do not want to export the images in a separate file, you leave the field as it is and go ahead with the export.
When you choose yes, click on the Export Product’s Images button to download the images in the zip file. After downloading the zip file you can export the products into a CSV/XML file.
- Click Export Products(CSV)/Export Products(XML) to start exporting products to CSV/XML file respectively.