WebToffee’s Print Invoice, Packing Slip, Delivery Note & Label Plugin for WooCommerce allows you to print and generate dispatch labels for your store very easily. All the integral shipment documents like the PDF invoices, packing slips, delivery notes, and shipping /address/ dispatch labels, pick lists, etc. can be generated automatically with this WooCommerce extension.
A dispatch label is a document that is dispatched with all the packages. It contains product information, payment method information, total cost amount, billing address, shipping address, and from address. It also contains the return address, in case, customers want to return the product.
Once you have installed and activated this plugin, a new section is available in the WordPress menu titled Invoice/Packing. You can get to this section by navigating to the Invoice/Packing > Dispatch Label from your WordPress dashboard. Select the Dispatch Label directly from the submenus or click on the Settings button from the General Settings > Documents tab to access the Dispatch Label settings window.
All the generic settings that need to be used across all the documents can be configured in the General Settings window. It contains provisions to configure the company logo, address details, RTL support and many more. To know more about general settings configurations, refer here.
A Dispatch Label can be set up in two easy steps:
Step 1: General Settings
You can configure the general settings required for the dispatch label.
- Order meta fields: Select additional order information in the dispatch label from the drop-down. You can select a field from the list of default fields or click the Add Existing Order Meta Field button to create custom meta fields by providing a custom Field Name and the respective meta key for the field. The order meta keys for the respective product can be found in the custom field section in the WooCommerce Order page.
To add other order meta details other than the ones displayed in the drop-down, click on Add Existing Order Meta Field.
- Product meta fields: Select/add additional product information in the dispatch label. Click the Add Product Meta to add a new product meta field by providing a custom Field Name and the respective meta key for the field. The product meta keys can be found in the custom field section of the product page. Once all the settings are configured, click the Update Settings button.
Step 2: Customize
You can customize and create a new template of a dispatch label from the existing templates.
To create a new dispatch label template,
- Select a template from the Create new template option.
- From the inbuilt templates that pop up, choose a layout.
- The chosen layout will then be displayed in the customize window. The elements that are already configured from General Settings will be auto-populated. Users can make the necessary changes to the layout using the toggle options.
- You can even switch to the code editor, to make additional customizations other than the one listed in the visual editor.
- While making changes via code editor it would be better for you to refer the help which briefs about placeholders, alternate classes for RTL support, etc as shown below:
- Make the necessary modifications to the layout and save it.
- After saving, activate the template to use it further for your dispatch label.
You can directly print the dispatch label from WooCommerce orders page as shown below:
A sample dispatch label will be as shown below: