How to generate WooCommerce Proforma Invoice
WooCommerce PDF Invoices, Packing Slip, Delivery Notes, and Shipping Labels plugin are fully equipped to generate and manage all types of documents relevant for an eCommerce store.
You can set up a custom proforma invoice number with prefix/suffix/number series as well as append additional order or product meta details into it. It allows you to customize the Proforma invoice using the inbuilt templates and modify them to suit your needs. Additional details like sales/transport terms and special notes can also be included in the proforma invoice.
You can get to this section by navigating to the Invoice/Packing > Proforma Invoice menu from your WordPress dashboard or directly by clicking on the Settings button from the documents tab.
All the generic settings that need to be used across all the documents can be configured in the General Settings window. It contains provisions to configure the company logo, address details, RTL support, and many more. To know more about general settings configurations, refer here.
Step 1: Basic Settings
In the basic set up you can configure proforma invoice specific generic items and the number.
- Use Order date as Proforma invoice date: If you choose ‘No’ then the proforma invoice date will be the date on which it is generated.
- Generate Proforma Invoice for Order Statuses– This option lists all the order statuses for which proforma invoices can be generated. You can select multiple statuses based on your requirements.
- Enable Print Proforma Invoice option for customers – You will able to display a print proforma invoice button for your customers.
- Order meta fields: Append additional order information in the proforma invoice by selecting the required item from the drop-down. You can select a field from the list of default fields or click the Add Existing Order Meta Field button to create custom meta fields by providing a custom Field Name and the respective meta key for the field. The order meta keys can be found in the custom field section in the WooCommerce Order page of a product.
To add other order meta details other than the ones displayed in the drop-down, click on Add Existing Order Meta Field.
The settings can be saved by clicking on the Update Settings button.
Proforma Invoice Number
You can set up a custom proforma invoice number with prefix/suffix/number series or even mirror the order number as proforma invoice number respectively.
- Proforma invoice number format: Specify the format in which the proforma invoice has to be generated. For example: [prefix][number][suffix]
- Invoice Start Number: Enter the required proforma invoice start number in the field provided.
Update and reset the proforma invoice number format settings by clicking on the Update and Reset button.
Step 2: Customize
With the customizer, you can personalize the overall appearance of your document. You are provided with inbuilt templates to choose from as well as you can create new templates from the existing ones. Additionally, toggle controls are given at the right-hand side of the window, which when enabled or disabled will be reflected in the sample proforma invoice template.
To create a new proforma invoice template,
- Select a template from the Create new template option.
- From the inbuilt templates that pop up, choose a layout.
You can print the proforma invoice from the WooCommerce Orders page. A sample proforma invoice will be as shown below: