How to import new users with specific password
When we are merging multiple sites and want to automatically shift all users to the new site, the fastest way to accomplish this is by using a plugin . WordPress User & WooCommerce Customers Import Export Plugin is one of the best plugins that can help you export and import user data from one site to another.
Let us have a look into how to import new users with specific password:
- Navigate to WebToffee Import Export (Pro), after installing and activating the plugin via Plugin Setup .
- Click on Import and follow the steps in How to import users to get your site’s user data.
- On reaching step 4, the following window appears from where you can import users with specific password.
On Retain user passwords, select:
- Yes: to migrate the user passwords as it is
- No: to encrypt the password
Usually, the same exported file is used for importing users into another site. In that case, the passwords in the CSV will be in encrypted form, and so the users can choose “Yes”.
However, there may be cases where a user is manually created in the CSV and the same is used for the import. In that situation, the passwords can be imported in encrypted form for security by choosing the “No” option.
The plugin efficiently handles the user passwords in utmost care in both the cases where an automated exported CSV or manually created CSV is used for import.
To know more about Importing.