The plugin Print Invoice, Packing Slip, Delivery Note & Label Plugin for WooCommerce enables you to generate different types of shipping documents. Packing Slip, being one among them confers the itemized list of products. Packing slip can be generated in different types based on packaging type and so on.
This extended plugin allows you to include additional order meta or product meta information loaded by other third party plugins very easily. Certain products may require to have its installation/usage instructions to be embedded within the packing slip. These installation/usage instructions can be added as additional metadata into the required document.
Let us see how additional product metadata like usage instruction is included in the packing slip using our plugin. For example, consider a custom meta field (instruction) of a product (T-shirt) as shown below:
To add this meta into the packing slip:
- Install PDF Invoices and Packing Slips plugin for WooCommerce on your store site.
- Go to Invoice/ Packing List.
- Click on the Packing slip. By default, the general settings window appears.
The general settings for packing slip consists of the following options:
- Group by Category: Choose Yes to group the products by category.
- Enable variation data: To include variation data of the product in the packing slip, enable this option.
- Order Meta Fields – Allows you to add additional order meta fields in the packing slips. You can select a field from the list of default fields or click the Add Existing Order Meta Field button to create custom meta fields by providing a custom Field Name and the respective meta key for the field. The order meta keys for respective products can be found in the custom field section of the WooCommerce Order page.
- Product Meta Fields – Allows you to add meta fields related to the products in the packing slip product table. Click the Add Product Meta to add a new product meta field by providing a custom Field Name and the respective meta key for the field. The product meta keys can be found in the custom field section of the product page.
- Enable print packing slip option for order status: Adds print packing slip button to the order email for chosen status from the drop-down.
- Custom Footer – Allows you to set the custom footer for packing slips. If no footer text is set here, the default footer text from the General settings is applied.
In this case, we can insert an additional product meta with Field name Instructions and meta key as given in the product custom field as shown below.
Add the custom meta as shown below:
On updating these settings, you will be able to generate the packing slip by including this additional product metadata. The packing slip will be as shown below: