Getting invoice ready accomplishes a lot, still, the process is not complete if customers do not have access to the invoice.
Manually attaching and sending PDF invoices to each customer will be way too time-consuming. So, by using Webtoffee’s WooCommerce PDF Invoices and Packing Slips Plugin, you can attach and sent pdf invoices to customers through email.
Attaching PDF Invoice in Email
- Install and activate the plugin on your WooCommerce site. Learn more about the setup of the PDF Invoice.
- Navigate to Invoice/Packing > Invoice from your WordPress dashboard.
- From the General tab, Choose ‘Yes‘ for the option Attach invoice PDF in the order email.
- Attach invoice PDF in the order email: Choose ‘Yes’ to attach a PDF version of the currently active invoice template with the order email.
WooCommerce order email with attached PDF Invoice
Now, upon successfully placing an order, a PDF attachment of the invoice will be sent along with the default WooCommerce order confirmation email.
Some of the other options available in the general settings window are the following:
- Enable invoice: Disabling will remove the invoice view/print provisions from the WooCommerce orders window, still the admin can customize the template and set the invoice number.
- Group by category: To group the same category products.
- Use order date as invoice date: On disabling this, the invoice date will be the date on which it is generated.
- Sort products by: Sort products on the basis of Name and SKU.
- Generate Invoice for Order Statuses: Generates invoices for selected order statuses.
- Enable print option for customers: You will able to display a print invoice button for your customers.
- Enable variation data: To include variation data of the product in the invoice, enable this option.
- Total tax column display options: rate( % ), amount, rate( % ) with amount are the options.
- Show individual tax column in product table: For this, your template must support tax columns.
- Upload signature: If you want the signature to be displayed in the invoice, upload it in this field.
- Custom logo for invoice: To have a custom logo different from that uploaded in the general settings page, upload it in this field. If left blank, then the default logo will be populated.
Save the settings by clicking on the Update Settings button.