How to send an email with PDF Invoice in WooCommerce
Getting invoice ready accomplishes a lot, still, the process is not complete if customers do not have access to the invoice. When customers place an order, an order email is sent to them. It is considered a best practice to send a PDF invoice along with the order email. Manually attaching and sending PDF invoices to each customer will be way too time-consuming. So, by using Webtoffee’s WooCommerce PDF Invoices and Packing Slips Plugin, you can enable your store to attach and sent pdf invoices to customers through email.
This article will take you through the steps required to send emails with pdf invoice attached to it.
Installation of the Plugin
- Step 1: Go to My Account > “API Downloads” tab and download the plugin.
- Note: If you have the basic/free version already installed, please Deactivate and Delete the Basic Version before installing Premium Version to avoid any conflict. Your plugin settings will be retained on your website.
- Step 2: Install the downloaded plugin into your WordPress / WooCommerce site.
- Step 3: You will get an Activation Key and Activation Email at My Account -> “API Keys”.
- Step 4: Go to your site admin and the Settings page of the plugin and activate it using email and key.
Attaching PDF Invoice with Email
In order to attach the PDF, first, you need to generate a PDF invoice. For information on setting up a PDF invoice, you can refer to the article on How to get a pdf invoice in WooCommerce.
- Generate Invoice for Order Statuses– This option lists all the order statuses for which invoices can be generated. You can select multiple statuses based on your requirements.
- Attach invoice PDF in order email: PDF version of the currently active invoice template will be attached to the order email. You can add single or multiple statuses in the field according to your store’s preference.
Now on the occurrence of these statuses (es), an email will be generated and sent to the customer along with the PDF attachment of the invoice.