All your export or import needs, to and from the WooCommerce stores are made easy with the import export suite. With the suite, you can easily import/export :
What do we provide?
- Migrate multiple post types using the same plugin.
- The main migration methods are:
- Quick import/export
- Based on a Pre-saved template
- Advanced import/export
- Import/export data processing in batches, ensures successful import/export irrespective of its size/count.
- Import/export customization could be attained via Filters.
- One can automate migration via FTP profiles and schedules.
- Detailed history, debug logs and cron schedules are other main peculiarities.
Installation and Activation
- Log in to your WebToffee My Account page.
- Download the zip file from API Download.
- Log in to the WordPress Admin panel of your online store.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New to upload the plugins.
- The downloaded ZIP consists of :
• wrapper plugin: Import Export for WooCommerce
• add-ons: Products/Reviews, Order, Users, Coupons, Subscriptions
- Initially, you can install and activate the import export wrapper plugin.
- Next, the required add-ons can be installed and activated.
Hooray!!.. You have successfully activated the plugin.
Once activated, a new menu “WebToffee Import/Export(Pro)” appears in the WordPress dashboard sidebar menu. Let us now navigate through it and explore.
You can navigate to the Import Export Suite for WooCommerce settings in two ways:
- WebToffee Import/Export(Pro) from WordPress dashboard
- Plugins > Installed Plugins > Import Export for WooCommerce Wrapper >Settings (the user will be taken to the General Settings window.)
The plugin consists of six different sub-modules :
- General Settings
- Scheduled actions
Let us have a look at each one of them in detail.
The General Settings tab helps to configure all the basic settings of the plugin.
Let us navigate through this section:
- Click on WebToffee Import/Export(Pro) > General Settings.
This tab consists of four different sections:
- FTP settings
- Help Guide
Here, you can configure the basic settings.
- Enable history auto delete : You can enable auto-delete of history by choosing ‘Yes’.
- Maximum entries : Here you can specify the maximum records to retain in history. It will limit the number of records with the status ‘Finished’ to the number you have specified. E.g: if you input a count of 50 the system will retain only the most recent 50 number of records with the status ‘Finished’. All other records of any other status e.g In Progress (that may be active as a part of the cron operation) will not be impacted by this count.
- Default Export method : Here you can choose a default export method from the three given options:
1. Quick export (chosen by default).
2. Pre-saved template
3. Advanced export
- Default Export batch count : Here you can give the default count for the records to be exported in a batch.
- Save Import log : Here you can choose ‘Yes’ to save the import log as a text file and to make it available in the history section. If not you can choose ‘No’.
- Default Import method : Choose an import method from three options Quick import, Pre-saved template, and advanced import.
- Default import batch count : Provide the default number of records to be imported in a batch. 100 is given by default.
Once you are done with configurations click Update Settings.
The plugin is equipped to handle multiple FTP profiles. These dedicated FTP profile settings can be used to manage and manipulate easy scheduled import/export.
Provides direct links to resources like documentation and support.
After you have installed and activated the Import Export Suite for WooCommerce plugin on your website, you need to activate the plugin license to get notified about the plugin updates.
To do so, from the WordPress admin dashboard:
- Click WebToffee Import Export(Pro)> General> License.
The History tab lists the runs and the status corresponding to every import/export with options to :
• Re-run: to re-run the action will take the user to the respective screen .
• Details: view a detailed history
• Delete: delete the entry
To look into the History section:
- Click on WebToffee Import/Export(Pro) > History
- One can sort the list with these available Filter options:
• Post type: ALL, User/Customer
• Action type: All, Export, Import
• Status: All, Finished
• Sort by: Date descending, Date ascending
• Max record/page: The maximum records to be included in a page
The actions will be listed in following statuses:
- Success : Process completed successfully.
- Failed : Failed process triggered due to connection/permission or similar issues(unable to establish FTP/DB connection, write permission issues etc.).
- Running/Incomplete : Process that are running currently or that may have been terminated unknowingly(e.g, closing a browser tab while in progress etc).
The Logs tab lists developer logs mostly required for debugging purposes with options to perform the following actions:
- View: to view detailed logs
- Delete: to remove the log
- Download: to share the log report with the support team in case of issues
To look into the Logs section:Click on WebToffee Import/Export(Pro) > Logs
To save the import Logs:
- Click on WebToffee Import/Export(Pro) > General Settings
- Click on General and choose “Yes” for Save Import log to save import log as text file and make it available in the log section for debugging purposes.
- Click on Update Settings to finish.
The Scheduled Actions tab lists all the scheduled processes for import and export. One can disable or delete unwanted scheduled actions to:
- Reduce server load
- Reduce the chances for failure of actively scheduled actions.
Click here to know about each import/export posts.