All your export or import needs, to or from the WooCommerce stores are made easy with the import export suite. With the suite, you can easily import or export products, orders, users, coupons, subscriptions and reviews.
The plugin gives provisions for quick export/import, based on a pre-saved template or entirely a new import or export. You can opt for the desired method for import/export from the various available options. The import/export data are processed in batches, thus ensuring successful import/export irrespective of its size/count. Apart from that, there are several filters for facilitating custom import/export.
You can maintain multiple FTP profiles and schedules to carry out the automated import/export. Another peculiarity is its ability to provide detailed history, debug logs and cron schedules.
Installation and Activation
- Download the zip file from API Downloads by logging into your WebToffee My Accounts page.
- Log in as the WordPress Admin from your online store.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New to upload the plugins.
- The downloaded ZIP consist of a wrapper plugin(Import Export for WooCommerce) along with individual add-ons (Products/Reviews, Order, Users, Coupons, Subscriptions).
- Initially, you can install and activate the import export wrapper plugin.
- Next, the required add-ons can be installed and activated. Ensure that the wrapper plugin is activated prior to using it since the add ons works in combination with the wrapper plugin. For instance, to import/export products and orders, you will have to activate the Import Export for WooCommerce wrapper plugin as well as the Product Import Export and Order Import Export add ons.
Once the activation is successful, a new menu appears in the WordPress dashboard sidebar menu. You can navigate to the Import Export Suite for WooCommerce settings in two ways:
- Import/Export from WordPress dashboard, or
- Plugins > Installed Plugins > Import Export Suite for WooCommerce >Settings (the user will be taken to the General Settings window)
Import Export Suite for WooCommerce plugin consists of following add-on plugins:
The basic settings pertaining to all components across the plugin are configured within the general tab.
- Enable history auto delete – Enable auto delete for records within the history section.
- Maximum entries – Indicates the maximum records to retain in history. Limit the number of records with status ‘Finished’. E.g if you input a count of 50 the system will retain only the most recent 50 number of records with status ‘Finished’. All other records of any other status e.g In Progress(that maybe active as a part of the cron operation) will not be impacted by this count.
- Default Export method – Select the default method of export
Default Export batch count – Provide the default count for the records to be exported in a batch.
- Save Import log file – Save import log as text file and make it available in the history section.
- Default Import method – Select the default method of import.
- Default Import batch count- Provide the default count for the records to be imported in a batch.
The plugin is equipped to handle multiple FTP profiles. These dedicated FTP profile settings can be used to manage and manipulate easy scheduled import/export.
Help Links provides direct links to resources like documentation and support.
Lists the runs and the status corresponding to every import/export with options to re-run, view detailed log or delete entry. Re-run action will take the user to the respective screen depending on the corresponding action type and the user can initiate the process accordingly.
The actions will be listed in following statuses:
- Success – Process completed successfully
- Failed – Failed process triggered due to connection/permission or similar issues(unable to establish FTP/DB connection, write permission issues etc.)
- Running/Incomplete – Process that are running currently or that may have been terminated unknowingly(e.g, closing a browser tab while in progress etc)
Lists developer logs mostly required for debugging purposes. Options to view detailed logs are available along with delete and download(that can be shared with the support team in case of issues).
Lists all the scheduled processes for import and export. You can disable or delete unwanted scheduled actions to reduce server load and reduce the chances for failure of actively scheduled actions.