How to Import WordPress Users from a CSV/XML File
While migrating to a new WordPress website, the most important thing that you need in your website are the users. Including all the users in your new website or updating each user’s information manually, can be dawdling! and WordPress User & WooCommerce Customers Import Export Plugin is the best solution to this.
With this plugin, you can take a CSV file that includes all the WordPress user’s data and import the user data to the website immediately. During the import, you also have the option to map the column headers of the CSV file with the WordPress or WooCommerce user data fields. This ensures that no data will be lost during migration irrespective of the platform.
The plugin takes a CSV file as input. So, to import the users, you must first prepare a CSV file with all the user information. You can prepare a CSV file using a spreadsheet program like Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, etc. Also, the CSV Import file must be in UTF-8 format. For more information about UTF-8 encoding, read How to save CSV / Excel File as UTF-8 Encoded?. The plugin helps you to import users from CSV files that are saved in different locations. You can upload the CSV file as follows:
- From your local computer
- By providing the file url
- From a remote server by providing the FTP details.
To import data using CSV file:
- Navigate to WebToffee Import Export (Pro), after installing and activating the plugin via Plugin Setup .
- Click on Import and follow the steps in How to import/export user data to get your site’s user data.
- On reaching step 2, the following window will appear, where you can include your CSV file and proceed further to complete the import.
To know more about the import process, read the plugin documentation.