Refer this article for plugin version:3.8.5
Metadata is a set of data that gives information about other data such as product data. Importing metadata is in the interest of business people who can use it to identify the total number of sold products, the total number of the products that are for sale, or any data about product data.
Metadata of a product must be entered in the CSV file which is to be uploaded.
For more information about CSV format, see Setting Up Product Import Export Plugin For WooCommerce.
Now, let’s understand importing metadata of a product through example.
Suppose, CSV file is as shown below:
Note: Click the Sample CSV of Importing Metadata to download it.
- Navigate to Admin settings (WooCommerce > Product Im-Ex) of the plugin. Under the Product tab, the Import window appears as shown below:
- Click Choose File to browse a required CSV file from your computer.
- Click Upload file and Import. The import window appears as shown below:
You can map the fields (Woocommerce fields) with column headings ( CSV file header). Map a particular field under Map to column by using the drop-down list for that particular Column header as shown below:
Select a required option from the drop-down list. Here, Product Title is mapped to post_title.
Note: Mapping is very helpful if you are importing CSV from some other e-Commerce platforms like Magento.
- Evaluation field is used to fix/update the required value for a particular field. The Plugin provides various options to modify fields and they are as shown in the below screenshot:
- Note: Hover the mouse on? (Help), you can see the above information about Evaluation field.
- Click Submit to import the products into your online store. According to the CSV file, the product gets added to your online store. The import window appears as shown below This plugin imports the metadata of the product which is specified in the CSV file.
- The products get imported as shown below:
- Here, is a page of an individual product.
In the above image, you can see the highlighted metadata is imported to WooCommerce as per specified row of CSV.
To know more about other features of the plugin, read the documentation.