The best way to get the list of all the users on a WordPress site is to export the users using a plugin. To export all the WordPress users, you can use WordPress Users & WooCommerce Customers Import Export Plugin for WooCommerce.
Exporting the user list will not only export the users but also all the details regarding the users. The plugin gives you control over which users are exported and what data of the users are exported. You can export a limited list of users and export the users based on their roles.
The WordPress Users & WooCommerce Customers Import Export Plugin helps export user the data into a CSV file. This way you can get all the list with the details of the users quickly and easily with the plugin. All you need to do is install and activate the plugin on the website.
The premium version of the plugin can help you import WordPress users and WooCommerce customers and all the metadata related to each of them. But if you only need to export the WordPress users, then you can also try out the free version of the plugin.
Let’s see how we can use the plugin to export the list of users into a CSV file.
Steps to Export Users
To export the users to the WordPress website, go to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to WooCommerce > Customer Import Export.
If you export users using the plugin, you get the CSV file which contains the data about all the users of the WooCommerce online store. The users can be exported by following two very simple steps.
From this page, you can filter the users that you want to export to the CSV file. The plugin provides the following options to filter the users.
- User Roles: Select user roles for which you want to export details from the given list:
- Offset: Enter the user row number at which you wish to start the export.
- Limit: Enter the maximum number of users that you wish to export.
- From Date: Select the date of registration from which you want to export the users by clicking on the calendar icon.
- To Date: Select the date of registration till which you want to export the users by clicking on the calendar icon.
After the required filters have been applied, go to the next step of the export by clicking on the Map and Transform button. This will take to you to the following screen.
- Select a mapping file for export: Similar to import settings, you can select an existing mapping file for export. This option is enabled only when you create your first mapping file.
- Columns: Select the checkbox for required columns if you want to export specific columns. With the Column Name field, you can modify the column header in the CSV file. To do that, simply enter the required column name for the specific column.
- Save the export mapping: Enter a mapping filename for exporting.
- Delimiter: With this field, you can change the comma separated file to ‘|’ or ‘.” separated file according to your requirement.
- Export guest users: Check this option to export the guest users of the website.
- Click Export Users, the CSV file gets auto-downloaded to your computer. The sample users CSV file is as shown below:
Note: You can download the Sample Exported CSV.
Export User(s) from Users Page
You can directly download the export file with all the fields. To do that, navigate to Dashboard > WooCommerce > Users. The Users page appears as shown below:
- To export Users, select them. From Bulk Action drop-down list, select Download as CSV and click Apply. All the information about selected User(s) gets auto-downloaded to CSV file.
Under the settings of the menu tab, you can set the FTP settings to export users. Also, you can auto-export / import the users periodically.
FTP Settings for Exporting Users
The FTP Settings for Export Users appears as shown below:
From this page, give the details of the FTP server and give the schedule at which you want to export the users into the CSV file. Then after you save the settings, the plugin will automatically export all the users and user data to the into CSV file and save it on the remote server.