Are you trying to find a quick and simple solution to print shipping labels for the products you sell on your WooCommerce store?
WooCommerce has a wide range of features for running a successful eCommerce site, but it falls short when it comes to printing labels for effectively controlling order fulfillment, such as shipping labels.
It’s for this reason that WooCommerce plugins exist – to make your online store more functional.
It’s quite easy to print shipping labels with WooCommerce third-party plugins.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the plugin and add-on you can use and describe how to print a shipping label automatically using the Remote Print (PrintNode) add-on.
What is a Shipping Label?
A shipping label is a type of identification label that aids in classifying and describing the contents of a box or cargo. In addition, delivery of the item cannot occur without a shipping label. It includes details about the shipping package’s origin and destination to identify, including addresses, names, weights, and tracking codes.
Shipping labels may seem like a little piece of the eCommerce puzzle, but they are essential to the efficiency, visibility, and customer experience of your online business as well as to incoming and outgoing logistical concerns.
Sample shipping label
The following is a sample of a shipping label document:
Why do you need to automate the printing of shipping labels?
Consider the following three reasons why you should automate the printing of your shipping labels.
- Be less worried about tasks: You wear many hats as a store owner throughout the day. As you switch tasks back and forth, it’s easier to lose focus and waste time. By automating the shipping label process, you may free up your time to concentrate on more important tasks that cannot be automated.
- Avoid browsing third-party carrier sites: Using a third-party carrier site is not only very time-consuming, but it also increases your risk of making mistakes. Misspellings and missing information are more likely to occur when you manually enter each customer’s information, which may upset customers who haven’t received their orders. Additionally, only 20 labels can be printed at a time on carrier websites like USPS. This would be quite a hassle if you had 100 time-sensitive orders.
- Skip a trip to take prints: Automatically printing shipping labels makes it easier to deliver your order parcels to the front door. By printing your shipping labels at home or at your place of business, you can postpone your drive into town or avoid standing in line at the copy shop.
Now that you’re on board, let’s look at how to use the Remote Print (PrintNode) plugin to print the shipping labels automatically.
To print WooCommerce shipping labels automatically, you need both the WooCommerce PDF invoices & packing slips plugin and the Remote Print (Print Node) add-on.
The Remote Print Add-on requires two prerequisites in order to operate correctly on your WooCommerce website.
- The pro edition of the PDF invoice plugin (minimum required version 4.1.4) must be installed on your website.
- Create a developer dashboard account on PrintNode to get the API key needed for remote print setup authentication.
Learn more about how to use the Remote Print add-on in detail – refer to the article.
How to set up Remote Print to print shipping labels for WooCommerce automatically
Step 1: Install the plugin
Install the plugin by first downloading the.zip file from WebToffee > My account > Download.
Then, from the WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins > Add New.
Click on the Upload plugin and choose the file that you have downloaded. Once it is uploaded you can install and then activate the Remote Print add-on.
From the WordPress dashboard, go to the Invoice/Packing > Remote Print (PrintNode) tab.
You can configure the settings of the Remote print according to your need on the settings page.
Use Remote Print (PrintNode) for the WooCommerce PDF invoice plugin to produce API and establish the connection for the remote printer – for more information, refer to this article.
To use the function of printing the shipping labels automatically, enable the option of automatic printing to ‘Yes’. This option allows you to print the document when the required order status is updated. Before printing, ensure that a default printer is ready to do this work.
To have the shipping label print automatically for an order, choose the order status from the drop-down option.
Automatic printing of customized shipping labels is made simple by a great WooCommerce PDF Invoice plugin. Your printing tasks increase as your business expands to meet the demands of your expanding customer base.
You can easily generate WooCommerce shipping labels and other documents using the same invoicing plugin.
Make sure a default printer is set up to handle this activity. A PrintNode can send printing tasks to any printer and obtain them via firewalls and the Internet to print the documents of your choosing because it is only a method of transport. You can also choose to receive email notifications in case of any printing issues.
After completing the required actions, select the Update Settings button.
A WooCommerce shipping label includes all the information necessary for shipping providers to deliver products precisely and effectively. It is both affordable and effective to use the WooCommerce PDF Invoice plugin to create WooCommerce shipping labels in order to speed up the shipping process.
Hope you have enjoyed reading the article. Also, we encourage you to check out our article on printing WooCommerce packing slips automatically.