This article explains the complete setup of Related Products for WooCommerce plugin that displays custom related products based on category, tags or products for your store.
Related products for the WooCommerce plugin allows you to display custom related products on the basis of category/tags/products. Using the plugin you can do the following.
- Link related products of your choice by category, tags, and other products
- Slider for related products
- Shortcode [wt-related-products product_id=”19″]to display related products anywhere on your site
- Provision to exclude out-of-stock products from related products.
- Ability to exclude products from specific categories from appearing in related products.
- Provision to import related products using code snippets, for guidance, refer to the article Import related products.
Navigate to WooCommerce > Related products from the WordPress dashboard.
Custom Related Products Settings
Following is the settings window of the plugin.
- WooCommerce default related products – You can select the checkbox to disable the WooCommerce default related products feature.
- Custom related products – Select the checkbox to disable custom related products configured by the plugin.
- Heading: Insert a text that will appear as a heading for the related products.
- Related by: Choose to display related products for all products based on category or tag. However, you can override this functionality and assign related products for each product.
- Number of products to display – Enter the number of related products you wish to display per product. Defaulted to 3 which means only 3 products will be displayed as ‘Related Products’ for a particluar product. Increase the count to display more related products.
- Exclude out of stock products – Enable to exclude out of stock products from displaying on the related products section.
- Slider – Enable to display related products in a slider. The user can use the arrows within the slider to view the products.
Finally, save the settings.
Link related products for each product
Follow the steps to link related products for a particular product of your store.
Step 1: Choose a product
Go to the Product page, choose a particular product and click on Edit. In the example below, choose the product ‘Sticky Notes’ and edit it to add related products.
Step 2: Open the Linked Products tab from product data section.
Here. you get options to link related products on the basis of:
Link related products by ‘category’
From the Linked Products tab, go to Related categories. Select appropriate categories that will appear as ‘Related Products’ for the chosen product.
For the product ‘Sticky Notes‘, let’s choose the category ‘Accessories‘.
Update the product. This will display all products under the category ‘Accessories’ as related products for sticky note.
Link related products by ‘tags’
From the Linked Products tab, go to Related tags. Select appropriate tags that will appear as ‘Related Products’ for the chosen product.
For the product ‘Sticky Notes‘, let’s choose the tag ‘stationery‘.
Update the product. Following is a screenshot of related products by tags.
Link related products by ‘products’
From the Linked Products tab, go to Related products. Select appropriate products that will appear as ‘Related Products’ for the chosen product.
For the product ‘Sticky Notes‘, let’s choose multiple products.
Update the product. Following is a screenshot of related products by products.
From the Linked Products tab, go to Exclude categories. Choose appropriate categories to exclude them from appearing as related products for a product.
Update the product. The products under the excluded categories will not appear as related products.