Password is one of the most vulnerable data of a user. It is very important to safeguard it while migrating from one store to another. The free version of the User/Customer Import Export Plugin for WordPress facilitates efficient import and export of users and their relevant data.
Let us have a look into how this plugin retains the user’s password on migration.
Steps to retain user passwords
- Begin by installing and activating the plugin.
- From the WP admin panel, navigate to the menu, WebToffee Import Export (Basic).
- Click on Import and follow the steps in How to import users to get your site’s user data.
- Once you reach Step 4, the following window appears from which you can set Retain user passwords to “Yes” and import.
Note: This option is particularly used by the users who have their passwords already encrypted in their CSV. In most cases, the passwords of users are encrypted on export from any site. Usually, the same exported file is used for importing users into another site. In those cases, the passwords will be in encrypted form in the CSV and so the users can choose the “Yes” option to import the user’s password so as to avoid duplicate encryption.
However, there may be cases where a user is manually created in the CSV and the same is used for the import. In those situations, the passwords can be imported in encrypted form by choosing the “No” option for additional security.
In both the cases of automatic and manually created CSV, the plugin efficiently handles the user password with utmost security on import.
Know more about the plugin.
- Was this article helpful?
- Yes, thanks!Not really
Got any query? Please leave a comment or reach out to our support