How to set up PayPal direct credit card checkout
PayPal credit card checkout is a payment gateway by which your customers can easily checkout even without a PayPal account. Use this Paypal payment gateway to accept direct credit card payments on your website from buyers who do not have a PayPal account.
The customers/buyers can place the order effortlessly without getting navigated to PayPal.
Let’s have a look at how this is achieved.
After installing the plugin, you can navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > PayPal Credit Card Checkout > Setup
For detailed information about installing plugins, refer to How to Install WordPress Plugin.
Signup and create a PayPal business account. Also, before configuring the gateway upgrade the business account to pro.
Currently, the PayPal Credit Card Checkout payment gateway is supported only in countries like United States, United Kingdom, and Canada.
Setup and Configuration
Step 1: Enable the PayPal Credit Card Checkout payment gateway for your site.
- Enable PayPal Credit Card Checkout: Select the checkbox to enable the PayPal Payment Gateway.
- Title: It is visible on the Checkout page under the payment modes. Specify Title as required(defined by you).
- Regular Description: Specify the required description in this text box. The customer can view this description on the checkout page under the WooCommerce PayPal Credit Card payment method.
- Order Button Text: Key in with the text of your choice that will appear at the checkout page as the order button text.
Step 2: Link the PayPal API keys ( PayPal Credentials Settings)
To use the WooCommerce PayPal Credit Card Checkout Payment Gateway, you must have a PayPal business pro account. You can open both Live or Sandbox accounts.
- Environment: In this field, you can set a required API mode for the payment gateway. The available options are as given below:
- Sandbox Mode: This mode is basically for testing purposes. The merchant can specify the sandbox credentials obtained from PayPal for testing the payment.
- Live: When the site is ready for purchase switch to the live mode. You can specify the live Username, Password, and Signature provided by PayPal.
Save the settings upon specifying all the details.
Checkout using PayPal Credit Card
On configuring all the settings pertaining to the PayPal Credit Card checkout payment gateway, the customer will get an option to pay using PayPal Credit Card checkout as shown below:
Upon entering the credit card details like the card number, card type, expiry date, and CVV code, the order will be placed successfully. The buyer will not be redirected to the Paypal site. The PayPal credit card checkout payment demo is illustrated below: