With PayPal credit card checkout is a payment gateway, your customers can easily checkout without a PayPal account.
You can use this Paypal payment gateway specifically to accept direct credit card payments on your website. Buyers without a PayPal account can make use of this payment method.
- Firstly, signup and create a PayPal business account.
- Upgrade the business account to pro before configuring the gateway.
Currently, the PayPal Credit Card Checkout payment gateway supports in countries like United States, United Kingdom, and Canada.
After installing the plugin, go to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > PayPal Credit Card Checkout > Setup.
For detailed information about installing plugins, refer to How to Install WordPress Plugin.
Step 1: Enable the PayPal Credit Card Checkout payment gateway for your site.
- Enable PayPal Credit Card Checkout: Select the checkbox to enable the PayPal Payment Gateway.
- Title: It is visible on the Checkout page under the payment modes. Specify Title as required(defined by you).
- Regular Description: Specify the required description in this text box. The customer can view this description on the checkout page under the WooCommerce PayPal Credit Card payment method.
- Order Button Text: Key in with the text of your choice that will appear at the checkout page as the order button text.
- Finally, click on Save changes button.
Step 2: Link the PayPal API keys ( PayPal Credentials Settings)
To use the WooCommerce PayPal Credit Card Checkout Payment Gateway, you must have a PayPal business pro account. You can open both Live or Sandbox accounts.
- Environment: In this field, you can set a required API mode for the payment gateway. The available options are as given below:
- Sandbox mode: This mode is basically for testing purposes. The merchant can specify the sandbox credentials obtained from PayPal for testing the payment.
- Live mode: When the site is ready for purchase switch to the live mode. You can specify the live Username, Password, and Signature provided by PayPal.
Save the settings upon specifying all the details.
Checkout using PayPal Credit Card
On configuring all the settings pertaining to the PayPal Credit Card checkout payment gateway, the customer will get an option to pay using PayPal Credit Card checkout as shown below:
- Input the credit card details like the card number, card type, expiry date, and CVV code. This will place the order successfully.
- The PayPal credit card checkout payment workflow is as given below: