How to Setup Print Invoice, Packing Slip, Delivery Note & Label Plugin for WooCommerce
Print Invoice, Packing Slip, Delivery Note & Label Plugin for WooCommerce plugin allows you to generate and print different types of shipping documents relevant for your eCommerce store right from the WooCommerce order listing page. This includes the invoice, packing slip/list, delivery note, shipping label, dispatch label, address label, pick list, proforma invoice, and credit note. The plugin allows you to print documents for single orders as well as for multiple orders in bulk in a couple of clicks. Additional details like the terms and conditions, return policy, company name/logo, and custom footer can also be included in these shipments.
Nevertheless, there are standard templates available for customizing the document as per your desired layout. There are provisions to customize field attributes like the order number, order date, invoice number, from address, billing address, shipping address, shipping method, tracking number, and many more.
- Ensure that the WooCommerce plugin is installed and activated.
- For effective PDF generation, image processing libraries such as GD or imageick are needed.
- Download the zip file from API Downloads by logging into your WebToffee MY ACCOUNTS page.
- Log in as the WordPress Admin of your online store.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New to upload the downloaded plugin.
- Choose the plugin file to upload.
- Finally, activate the plugin.
Once the activation is successful, a new menu appears in the WordPress dashboard sidebar menu.
You can navigate to the WooCommerce PDF Invoices, Packing Slips, Delivery Notes & Shipping Labels settings in two ways:
- WooCommerce > Invoice/Packing from WordPress dashboard, or
- Plugins > Installed Plugins > WooCommerce PDF Invoices, Packing Slips, Delivery Notes & Shipping Labels > Settings (the user will be taken to the General Settings window)
WooCommerce PDF Invoices, Packing Slips, Delivery Notes & Shipping Labels plugin consists of several sub-modules like:
- General Settings
- Packing Slip
- Shipping Label
- Delivery Note
- Dispatch Label
- Address Label
- Pick List
- Proforma Invoice
- Credit Note
General Settings window acts as a common source of information for the documents throughout the plugin. It is further classified into the following tabs:
- Cloud print
- Help Guide
The user can explicitly enable/disable documents required for his site and configure individual settings pertaining to each document.
- Enable/Disable Documents– Each document type can be enabled/disabled as per user requirement. On disabling a document type, the corresponding item will be removed from the dashboard view and thereby the user will not be able to access it further until it is enabled.
- Settings: You will be redirected to the concerned document settings page by clicking on the Settings button.
As the name implies, it is in the general tab where the essential basic details like the company info and shipping from address details are configured. The information specified in the general tab behaves as the common source of data across all documents in the plugin.
- Company Info
- Company Name – Input the name of your company in this field.
- Custom Logo – You can upload a custom logo or image of your company that can be used across all printable objects. Alternatively, the URL of the image can also be used. By default, the logo will be placed on the top left corner across all documents. However, further customization provisions are also given in respective document settings.
- Return Policy, Conditions, etc. – You can set return policies, conditions and so on in the given text area section.
- Custom Footer – You can set up a custom footer that will be used across all respective documents.
- Address (Sender details)
- Department/Business/Sender – Enter the name of WooCommerce shop owner.
- Address Line1 – Enter the first line of the address, which is mostly the street name and number.
- Address Line2 – Enter the second line of the address, which can be the apartment number.
- City – Enter the city name of the sender.
- Country/State – Enter the country name of the sender.
- Postal Code – Enter postcode from where you are shipping items.
- Contact Number – Specify the contact number of the sender in this field.
- VAT – VAT details of the sender can be entered here. The details can be saved by clicking on the Update Settings button.
The advanced settings can be used to configure additional information with respect to custom data, RTL support, packaging formats, etc
The Advanced tab consist of following fields:
- Add additional fields on the checkout page: Append additional information in documents by selecting the required item from the drop-down. You can select an item from the list of default fields or click the Add Custom Field button to create custom meta fields by providing a custom Field Name and Meta Key. The meta keys can be found in the product’s custom field section of the WooCommerce Order page. You can add a placeholder for the field and mark it as mandatory or not.
Already created fields can be viewed from the previously added tab. You will be given with the provision to delete or edit existing meta fields.
- Preview Before Printing – You can enable this to have a preview option in all the shipping documents before they are printed.
- Tracking number meta: Enter the tracking number meta field to add tracking number information. The tracking number meta can be obtained from the respective tracking data provider.
- Display state name: Displays the state name instead of state code in billing and shipping address.
- Transport / Sale Terms: These fields are solely meant to insert additional transportation or sale terms in the proforma invoice.
- Show Tax: Configure the product price/subtotal inclusive or exclusive of tax. You can easily get directed to the WooCommerce > Settings > Tax window by clicking on the Setup Tax button.
- Include Tax: to get all the price columns displayed, inclusive of tax.
- Exclude Tax: to get the tax amount displayed in a separate column, i.e, not included within the price.
- Enable RTL support: Enable or disable the RTL support in documents generated by the browser. For better RTL integration in PDF documents please use our mPDF addon.
- PDF library: Choose between Dompdf and Mpdf.
- Packaging Type: The packaging type that you set here can be applied to all documents, except Invoice. You can select the packaging type from the three available options:
- Pack items individually: Allows you to pack each item in the cart separately. The total shipping cost is calculated by adding the shipping cost of each item.
- Box packing: If packing items individually or weight-based packing does not suit your business, then you can customize box sizes based on your requirements. Once you select this option, the following fields will be appended as shown below:
- To define a new box size, click the Add Box button. All cart items are packed into custom boxes defined in Box Size settings. The best fit box is chosen automatically from the defined boxes. This box dimension and weight settings are applicable only when Box Packing is selected. Based on your requirement, you can enable or disable a particular box using the checkbox under the Enabled column of the respective box rule.
- Single package per order: Allows you to pack all items of a single order as one single package.
The settings can be saved by clicking on the Update Settings button.
Remote Print (PrintNode)
- Once the plugin is installed and activated, the following screen appears.
- Click on dashboard to reach the PrintNode login page.
- Create an account, if you are a new user and sign in.
- Click on API Reference appearing on the footer of the Welcome page.
- Click on generate an API Key
- Now, you need to enter your account password to view API Keys.
- Next, you have to provide the API description and click on Create.
- Your API Key is now generated and can be viewed under Current API Keys.
- Copy the API Key and go to your admin dashboard.
- In Invoice/Packing> General Settings> Remote print (PrintNode), paste the API Key obtained in the API Key field.
- Click on Test connection and the following pop up appears.
- Enable manual printing if needed. Here, preview is also available.
- Enable automatic printing: Choose Yes, to enable.
- Notify by email: Choose between Yes and No.
- Based on the order statuses, you can fill up:
- Packing slip
- Shipping label
- Proforma invoice
- Click on Update Settings to finish.
This section gives you links to resources related to the WooCommerce PDF Invoices, Packing Slips, Delivery Notes & Shipping Labels plugin. It is sub-divided into two categories as Filters and Help Links.
You can use filters to extend the functionality of the plugin in the required manner. To learn more about filters refer to this article.
Help Links provides direct links to resources like documentation and support.
After you have installed and activated the Print Invoice, Packing Slip, Delivery Note & Label Plugin for WooCommerce plugin on your website, you need to activate the plugin license to get notified about the plugin updates.
To do so, from the WordPress admin dashboard:
- Click Invoice/Packaging> General Settings> License.
For detailed information about the plugin, you can refer to the Product Page.