Order / Coupon / Subscription Export Import Plugin for WooCommerce is an ideal plugin for exporting and importing data either from the WooCommerce store or e-commerce platforms. With this plugin, you can easily import/export :
What do we provide?
- Migrate orders, coupons and subscriptions using the same plugin.
- The main migration methods are:
- Quick import/export
- Based on a Pre-saved template
- Advanced import/export
- Import/export data processing in batches, ensures successful import/export irrespective of its size/count.
- One can automate migration via FTP profiles and schedules.
- Detailed history, debug logs and cron schedules are other main peculiarities.
- Make sure mbstring is enabled on the server.
- Supports both CSV and XML file formats.
- Download a CSV with:
- CSVs should be in UTF-8 format.
To begin with the plugin, download, install and activate.
Hooray!!.. You have successfully activated the plugin. From your WordPress dashboard, navigate through the WebToffee Import/Export(Pro) menu.
The plugin consists of six different sub-menus :
- Scheduled actions
- General settings
Let us have a look at each of these sub-menus in detail.
Orders, coupons and subscriptions can be exported in just 5 steps:
- Select a post type: The available post types are Order, Coupon and Subscription.
- Select an export method: Quick export, Pre-saved template and Advanced export are the provided export methods.
- Filter data: One can filter data with respect to the chosen post type.
- Map and reorder export columns: To map, edit and reorder export columns.
- Advanced Options/Batch Export: Provides advanced options for export and scheduling export.
Orders, coupons and subscriptions can be imported in just 4 steps:
- Select a post type: The available post types are Order, Coupon and Subscription..
- Select an import method: Quick import, Pre-saved template and Advanced import are the provided import methods.
- Map import columns: To map and edit import columns.
- Advanced Options/Batch Import: Provides advanced options for import and scheduling import.
For a detailed step-wise import export process, refer:
The History tab lists the runs and the status corresponding to every import/export with options to :
• Re-run: to re-run the action will take the user to the respective screen .
• Details: view a detailed history
• Delete: delete the entry
To look into the History section:
- Click on WebToffee Import/Export(Pro) > History
- One can sort the list with these available Filter options:
• Post type: Order
• Action type: All, Export, Import
• Status: All, Finished
• Sort by: Date descending, Date ascending
• Max record/page: The maximum records to be included in a page
The actions will be listed in following statuses:
- Success : Process completed successfully.
- Failed : Failed process triggered due to connection/permission or similar issues(unable to establish FTP/DB connection, write permission issues etc.).
- Running/Incomplete : Processes that are running currently or that may have been terminated unknowingly(e.g, closing a browser tab while in progress etc).
The Logs tab lists developer logs mostly required for debugging purposes with options to perform the following actions:
- View: to view detailed logs
- Delete: to remove the log
- Download: to share the log report with the support team in case of issues
To look into the Logs section:Click on WebToffee Import/Export(Pro) > Logs
To save the import Logs:
- Click on WebToffee Import/Export(Pro) > General Settings
- Click on General and choose “Yes” for the Save Import log to save the import log as a text file and make it available in the log section for debugging purposes.
- Click on Update Settings to finish.
The Scheduled Actions tab lists all the scheduled processes for import and export. One can disable or delete unwanted scheduled actions to:
- Reduce server load
- Reduce the chances for failure of actively scheduled actions.
The General Settings helps to configure all the basic settings of the plugin.
Let us navigate through this section:
- Click on WebToffee Import/Export(Pro) > General Settings.
This tab consists of four different sections:
- FTP settings
- Help Guide
Here, you can configure the basic settings.
- Enable history auto delete : You can enable auto-delete of import/export history by choosing ‘Yes’.
- Maximum entries : Specify the maximum records to retain in history. It will limit the number of records with the status ‘Finished’ to the number you have specified. E.g: if you input a count of 50 the system will retain only the most recent 50 number of records with the status ‘Finished’. All other records of any other status e.g In Progress (that may be active as a part of the cron operation) will not be impacted by this count.
- Default Export method : Choose a default export method from the three options: Quick export, Pre-saved template and Advanced export.
- Default Export batch count : Specify the default number of records to be exported in a batch.
- Save Import log : Choose ‘Yes’ to save the import log as a text file. This action will make the file available in the logs section.
- Default Import method : Choose an import method from three options: Quick import, Pre-saved template and Advanced import.
- Default import batch count : Provide the default number of records to be imported in a batch. 100 is given by default.
Once you are done with configurations click Update Settings.
The plugin is equipped to handle multiple FTP profiles. These dedicated FTP profile settings can be used to manage and manipulate easy scheduled import/export.
Provides direct links to resources like documentation and support.
After you have installed and activated the Order / Coupon / Subscription Export Import Plugin for WooCommerce on your website, you need to activate the plugin license to get notified about the plugin updates.
To do so, from the WordPress admin dashboard:
- Click WebToffee Import Export(Pro)> General> License.