Stripe Checkout redirects users to a secure, stripe-hosted payment page to accept payment from your WooCommerce store.
1. Ensure that the Stripe API keys are saved in the stripe credential fields.
2. Specify an account name in Stripe Dashboard prior to configuring the settings.
Configuring the Eligible Payment Methods
Stripe now presents the most relevant payment methods for each customer based on their location and currency used. The checkout page prioritizes showing payment methods known to increase conversion for your customer’s location while lower-priority payment methods are hidden beneath an overflow menu. The eligible payment methods can be configured through the stripe dashboard.
In the Stripe dashboard, Navigate to Settings > Payment methods > For your account. Here you can enable/disable the eligible payment methods to be shown on the checkout page. The below image shows the eligible payment methods for the United States of America.
Stripe Checkout Settings
- Install and activate the Stripe payment gateway for the WooCommerce plugin.
- Go to plugin settings or from the WordPress dashboard, go to WebToffee Stripe > General Settings.
- Head on to the Stripe checkout tab.
- Stripe Checkout: Enable to accept Stripe checkout payments.
- Title: Enter a custom title for stripe checkout payment. This title will be visible on the checkout page.
- Description: Enter a custom description for stripe checkout payment. This description will be visible on the checkout page.
- Order Button Text: Enter a custom text for the stripe checkout button.
- Locale: Choose a language code from the dropdown.
- Send line items to stripe: Enable to view all order line items like tax, shipping, fees, discount, etc. at the stripe hosted payment page.
- Ask for address details from the stripe hosted page: Enable to receive Billing and shipping address at the stripe hosted payment page.
Finally, click Save changes to save/update the plugin settings.
Pay via Stripe Checkout
The image below shows stripe checkout on the checkout page.
The following image shows all the eligible payment methods listed in the subsequent window.
All eligible payment methods are shown only for one-time payments in the stripe hosted page. For recurring payments, only card payment is visible.
Adding webhook endpoint
To receive the order status updates in a timely manner, it is recommended to add your site’s webhook to the stripe dashboard. Follows the steps in – Setting up Webhooks and Supported events article to add a webhook endpoint.
To know more about the product, check out Stripe Payment Gateway Plugin for WooCommerce.
For understanding each feature of the plugin, visit the product setting up article.
Or check out the documentation section for more related articles.