- Affirm is one of the leading companies offering buy now, pay later (point-of-sale installment loans) to consumers.
- Affirm’s mission is to help consumers afford what they want to buy without creating unmanageable debt.
- Unlike other BNPL (buy now, pay later)companies, Affirm allows you to choose your payment option.
- Affirm generally conducts a soft pull of applicants’ credit histories, which doesn’t affect their scores.
- Depending on your credit and eligibility, your APR (Annual percentage rate) on an Affirm loan can end up being 0%, or 10% to 30%.
Affirm supports payment in Dollars.
Stripe accounts in the US can accept Affirm payments with USD settlement.
- United States of America
- As a first step, install and activate the Stripe payment gateway for the WooCommerce plugin.
- Go to plugin settings or from the WordPress dashboard, go to WebToffee Stripe > General Settings > Local Gateways.
- Head on to Affirm.
The Affirm settings page is shown below.
- Affirm: Enable to accept Affirm payments.
- Title: Enter a custom title for Affirm payment. This title will be visible on the checkout page.
- Description: Enter a custom description for Affirm payment. This description will be visible on the checkout page.
- Order Button Text: Enter a custom text for the Affirm payment button.
The below image shows an Affirm option on the checkout page.
Affirm Payment Workflow
- The customer selects Affirm at checkout on the online store.
- The customers are redirected to the Affirm model or pop-up, where they enter their phone number to receive a text with a pin to create or sign in to their account.
- The customer enters their social security number (SSN) to check for loan eligibility and moves to the confirmation screen.
- The customer then receives the loan terms and selects the payment plans.
- The customer then completes their purchase.
- The customer receives a confirmation of their Affirm purchase. Receives an order confirmation screen for the order.