- After installing and activating the WPML plugin, configure it for the desired languages.
- Navigate to WPML > String Translation.
From the In domain dropdown, select:
- admin_text_CookieLawInfo-0.9: To assign translations for all editable text content.
- admin_texts_cookielawinfo_privacy_overview_content_settings: To translate the privacy overview text content.
All the related domains will appear, from where you can add the required translations.
After you’ve saved the translations, switch the language option on your website to see the changes.
Example: As the translations done here are in German, on switching to German language, our GDPR Cookie Consent plugin contents will be in German.
To translate the contents in Cookie Settings pop-up, we need to translate each cookie individually.
- Go to GDPR Cookie Consent > Cookie List
- Click on Edit.
- Add translate under Translate this document.
- The Advanced Translation Editor window will appear.
- Add translations for each title, body contents and save to complete.
- The percentage of translation done can also be viewed at the bottom.
- Click on Complete to finish.
Translate cookie categories
- Go to GDPR Cookie Consent > Cookie Category
- Click on Edit.
- Add translate under Language.
- Click on Update.
Now, let us go through an additional method for translating cookie categories:
- Navigate through WPML> Taxonomy Translation> Cookie Category Translation.
- Click on Add icon to add the translations.
- Click on Save to finish.
Switch the language option on your website to see cookies and category content in German.
In a similar manner, you can translate the plugin contents to other desired languages. Know more about the plugin.