Composite Products facilitates customers to dynamically group the required products with the flexibility of product quantities.
For example: If the customer is buying a desktop computer, he can select the number of Hard disks or CPU cabins required. Here Hard disk or CPU cabins need to be present on your online store as an individual product. Then you can add the Desktop computer as a composite product that contains Hard disk or CPU Cabins as the component.
WooCommerce Product Import Export plugin allows you to import composite products easily. It imports all the details of a composite product perfectly into your Woocommerce store.
You can use WooCommerce Composite Products – a WooThemes plugin for providing the composite product for sale.
To import composite Products to your online store, you must enter details in the CSV or XML file which is to be uploaded. For more information about CSV format, see Setting Up Product Import Export Plugin For WooCommerce.
Now, let’s understand the process of importing composite products through an example.
Suppose, CSV file is as shown below:
Note: Click Sample CSV of Composite Products to download it.
- Navigate to Admin settings (WooCommerce > Product Im-Ex) of Plugin. Under the Product tab, the Import window appears as shown below:
- Click Choose File to browse a required CSV file from your computer.
- Click Upload file and Import.
- Map the fields(Woocommerce fields) with column headings( CSV file header) or use the mapping file to map the field.
- Use the Evaluation field to fix/update the required value for the particular field.
- Click Submit to import the products into your online store. According to the CSV file, the product gets added to your online store. The import window appears as shown below:This plugin imports composite product which is specified in the CSV file.
- The products get imported as shown below:
- Here, is the page of an individual composite product.The composite Product which is visible to the customer is as shown below:
To know more about other features of the plugin, read the documentation.