While migrating to a new WordPress website, the absolute important thing that you need in your website are the users. Including all the users in your new website or updating each user’s information manually, can be dawdling!.
WordPress User & WooCommerce Customers Import Export Plugin helps you to export a CSV file that includes all the WordPress user’s data and import the same to the website much quickly. To export the WordPress users and WooCommerce customers:
- Click on WebToffee Import/Export(Pro) > Export.
Step 1: Select a post type
As a first step, you need to choose the post type as Users/Customers.
Step 2: Select an export method
Choose from the below options to continue with your export:
- Quick export from DB
- Based on a pre-saved template
- Advanced export
Let us have a look at each of these export methods:
- Exports the basic/standard fields of the respective post type.
- To include fields from Meta(custom fields) and Hidden meta select the respective group’s checkboxes.
- Click the Export button to complete the action or proceed to Step 3 for advanced options.
- Navigate to Step 5 to know more about Advanced options/ Batch export/ Scheduling.
- exports data as per the specifications(filters, selective column, mapping.. etc) from the previously saved file.
- By selecting this option, one can choose a previously saved template from the Export template drop-down.Note: The template will be listed in the drop down only if you have saved it in previous exports, if you go through the Advanced export, at Step 5 you will get an option to save the template. Once you save that, next time when you want to export a pre-saved template, it will be populated within the drop down.
- Click the Export button to complete the action or proceed to Step3 to filter data.
- Navigate to Step 3 to know more about filtering options.
- This option will take you through a detailed process of filtering/column selection/advanced options that may be required for your export.
Step 3: Filter data
- Click on Step 3, to view the following window where one can filter data on the basis of:
- Offset : Specify the number of users that should be skipped from the beginning. e.g. An offset of 10 skips the first 10 users.
- Limit : The actual number of users you want to export. e.g. A limit of 500 with an offset 10 will export users from 11th to 510th position.
- User Roles : Input specific roles to export information pertaining to all customers with the respective role/s
- User Email : Input the customer email to export information pertaining to only these customers
- Date From : Date on which the customer registered. Export customers registered on and after the specified date.
- Date To : Export customers registered up to the specified date.
- Sort Columns : Sort the exported data based on the selected columns in the order specified. Defaulted to ascending order.
- Sort by: Defaulted to ascending. Applicable to above-selected columns in the order specified.
- Click on Step 4 to proceed further.
Step 4: Map and reorder export columns
Here, one can map and reorder the export columns under the following 3 fields:
- Default fields: The column names appearing in this section can be edited if required. The preferred names and choices that were last saved can be viewed on choosing a pre-saved template. One can also move the columns to reorder the arrangement.
- Meta(custom fields)
- Hidden meta
- Click on Step 5 to proceed.
Step 5: Advanced Options/Batch Export/Scheduling
- On reaching Step 5, the following window will appear, from where one can:
- Export guest users
- Export file name: Specify a filename for the exported file. If left blank, the system generates a default name.
- Export file format
- Delimiter: Separator for differentiating the columns in the CSV file. Assumes ‘,’ by default.
- Enable FTP export: On opting ‘Yes’, choose an FTP profile and specify the export path or use default path.
- Save the template file for future export as shown below(if needed).
- Click on Export and export or schedule the export to finish.
Know more about WordPress Users & WooCommerce Customers Import Export Plugin.