A packing list serves the important purpose of intimating customers regarding the content of the package ie; content type, quantity, etc. It is a must to send it along with the shipment. It allows customers to crosscheck the actual order to the items they have received. Which in turn helps avoid any confusion related to the shipment. Therefore getting a packing list in your WooCommerce store is a necessary task.
Webtoffee’s PDF invoice and Packing Slip plugin for WooCommerce reduces the lengthy process of manually creating a packing list for your WooCommerce store into a few minute’s tasks.
Installation of the Plugin
After purchasing the Print Invoice, Packing Slip, Delivery Note & Label Plugin for WooCommerce, the plugin will be available as a zip file in the API Downloads section of your MY ACCOUNT page.
- Download the zip file from API Downloads by logging into your WebToffee MY ACCOUNTS page.
- Log in as the WordPress Admin of your online store.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New to upload the downloaded plugin.
- Choose the plugin file to upload.
- Finally, activate the plugin.
Steps to Get Packing List in your WooCommerce store
After installation, open the plugin page by navigating through WooCommerce > Invoice/Pack List on your dashboard.
Packing Slip can be set up in two easy steps:
Step 1: General Settings
You can configure the general settings required for the packing slip from this tab.
- Group by Category: Choose Yes to group the products by category.
- Enable variation data: To include variation data of the product in the packing slip, enable this option.
- Order Meta Fields – Allows you to add additional order meta fields in the packing slips. You can select a field from the list of default fields or click the Add Existing Order Meta Field button to create custom meta fields by providing a custom Field Name and the respective meta key for the field.
The order meta keys for respective products can be found in the custom field section of the WooCommerce Order page.
- Product Meta Fields – Allows you to add meta fields related to the products in the packing slip product table. Click the Add Product Meta to add a new product meta field by providing a custom Field Name and the respective meta key for the field.
The product meta keys can be found in the custom field section of the product page. For example, you can include the installation usage instruction of a product in a packing slip.
- Enable print packing slip option for order status: Adds print packing slip button to the order email for chosen status from the drop-down as shown below.
- Custom Footer – Allows you to set the custom footer for packing slips. If no footer text is set here, the default footer text from the General settings is applied.
Once all the settings are configured, click the Update Settings button.
Step 2: Customize
You can customize and create a new template of a packing slip from the existing templates.
To create a new packing slip template,
- Select a template from the Create new template option.
- From the inbuilt templates that pop up, choose a layout.
- Make the necessary modifications to the layout and save it.
- After saving, activate the template to use it further for your packing slip.
- You can even switch to the code editor, to make additional customizations other than the one listed in the visual editor.
- While making changes via code editor it would be better for you to refer the help which briefs about placeholders, alternate classes for RTL support, etc as shown below:
Including a packing list along with an invoice when you are shipping a package, is best practice, which establishes an extra line of communication between you and the customer.
You can directly print the packing slip from WooCommerce orders page as shown below:
A sample packing slip will be as shown below:
For detailed information about the plugin, you can refer to the Product Page. The setup guide will help you with getting started with the plugin and article generate address labels will help you generate address labels using the plugin.