A packing list serves the important purpose of intimating customers regarding the content of the package ie; content type, quantity, etc. It is a must to send it along with the shipment. It allows customers to crosscheck the actual order to the items they have received. Which in turn helps avoid any confusion related to the shipment. Therefore getting a packing list in your WooCommerce store is a necessary task.
Webtoffee’s PDF invoice and Packing Slip plugin for WooCommerce reduces the lengthy process of manually creating a packing list for your WooCommerce store into a few minute’s tasks.
Steps to Get Packing List in your WooCommerce store
After installation, open the plugin page by navigating through WooCommerce > Invoice/Pack List on your dashboard.
Packing Slip can be set up in two easy steps:
Step 1: General Settings
You can configure the general settings required for the packing slip from this tab.
- Group by Category: Choose Yes to group the products by category.
- Enable variation data: To include variation data of the product in the packing slip, enable this option.
- Order Meta Fields – Allows you to add additional order meta fields in the packing slips. You can select a field from the list of default fields or click the Add Existing Order Meta Field button to create custom meta fields by providing a custom Field Name and the respective meta key for the field.
The order meta keys for respective products can be found in the custom field section of the WooCommerce Order page.
- Product Meta Fields – Allows you to add meta fields related to the products in the packing slip product table. Click the Add Product Meta to add a new product meta field by providing a custom Field Name and the respective meta key for the field.
The product meta keys can be found in the custom field section of the product page. For example, you can include the installation usage instruction of a product in a packing slip.
- Enable print packing slip option for order status: Adds print packing slip button to the order email for chosen status from the drop-down as shown below.
Once all the settings are configured, click the Update Settings button.
Step 2: Customize
You can customize and create a new template of a packing slip from the existing templates.
To create a new packing slip template,
- Select a template from the Create new template option.
- From the inbuilt templates that pop up, choose a layout.
Including a packing list along with an invoice when you are shipping a package, is best practice, which establishes an extra line of communication between you and the customer.
You can directly print the packing slip from WooCommerce orders page as shown below:
A sample packing slip will be as shown below:
For detailed information about the plugin, you can refer to the Product Page. The setup guide will help you with getting started with the plugin and article generate address labels will help you generate address labels using the plugin.