The Ultimate WordPress Plugin for EU Cookie Law (GDPR) Compliance
Worried about GDPR Cookie compliance for your WordPress website? You are not alone. Businesses that are not GDPR compliant can face large fines up to 4% of a company’s annual global revenue OR €20 million (whichever is greater).
Our GDPR Cookie consent plugin will help you to become GDPR compliant on your Cookie usage.
Used by 300,000+ Active Customers
Listed among the Top 100 Popular WordPress Plugins
“This is an excellent plugin to help you with your GDPR compliance. It is highly customisable and has a lot of different features. I like how it provides you with a short code to tabulate your cookies on to any page of your website and how that table updates automatically when you add new ones. The support from Mark and his team is also exceptional.” – Chris Scott, Brand That Name Limited, UK
“I looked around at a lot of different options but decided to try this one for GDPR compliance. I was able to configure it quickly and easily. I had an issue with a conflict, but Mark solved it within 12 hours, so brilliant support. I’m confident if I have any further issues or questions I will be well supported.” – Martin Gessner, Focus on Force, Australia
How to make your Cookie usage GDPR compliant?
The users must have a choice. The choice to consent to the cookie usage on the website; to withdraw the consent at any time; to delete any user data so recorded by the cookie usage that was once consented.
This means that you should take the accountability for the user data that will be shared with the third party services obtained by the cookies used in the website. In view of the same we can ensure a few things that would make your life easier.
Accountability for the user data – Since the onus is on you for sharing user data with the third parties it is important to be well informed as to what kind of cookies you are using in the website.
Definite user consent – It is important to obtain a definite user consent from the prior to enabling the respective cookies.
Cookie categorization – Categorise your Cookies as ‘Necessary’ ( strictly necessary for providing an “information society service” requested by the user) and ‘Non-Necessary’ (cookies used for analytical purposes or cookies used by first party or third party such as advertisers). Only set Necessary cookies before getting user consent. Set Non-necessary cookies only after getting user consent.
Consent audit log – All user consents should be stored securely so that they can be produced should there be a need in future.
Consent withdrawal – Users must be able to withdraw their consent at any given point.
- Scan website for cookies – View results, add/merge/replace cookies or download cookies as csv
- Manage list of cookies ( Name, CookieID, Description, Duration, Type, Category, Header Script, Footer Script)
- Manage Cookie Categories
- Display Cookie Settings window where site visitors can opt-in or give consent to Cookie Categories
- Customisable to look just like your own website’s style: customise the colours, styles and fonts
- Cookie bar preview(beta version)
- Put the cookie bar in either the header or the footer
- Location based exclusion of cookie notice
- Basic support included for Litespeed cache, WP Super Cache, Site ground cache, Endurance Cache, WP Fastest Cache,W3TC
- Language Support
- (Optional) automatically close the cookie bar after a delay (delay is configurable)
- (Optional) cookie bar can be permanently dismissed or accessible through a “show again” tab
- (Optional) “show again” tab is fully customisable including position shown on page and styles
- WPML compatible
- qTranslate support
NOTE: INSTALLING THIS PLUGIN ALONE DOES NOT MAKE YOUR SITE GDPR COMPLIANT. SINCE EACH SITE USES DIFFERENT COOKIES, YOU MAY NEED TO ENSURE YOU HAVE NECESSARY CONFIGURATIONS IN PLACE.