Goods have to be packed before shipping. Packing plays an important role in the variations in the shipping cost. Employing the right packing method in your store will reduce the cost of shipping. At the same time, not paying attention to packing will skyrocket your shipping charges. So, how do we pack efficiently? What are the best parcel packing methods available in WooCommerce?
The one-stop solution for all your packing related worries is the PDF Invoice & Packing Slip plugin for WooCoomerce by WebToffee. This plugin provides three parcel packing methods for its users to choose from. This article will help you learn different packing methods and will help you choose the right parcel packing method for your store.
Installation of the plugin
After purchasing the Print Invoice, Packing Slip, Delivery Note & Label Plugin for WooCommerce, the plugin will be available as a zip file in the API Downloads section of your MY ACCOUNT page.
- Download the zip file from API Downloads by logging into your WebToffee MY ACCOUNTS page.
- Log in as the WordPress Admin of your online store.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New to upload the downloaded plugin.
- Choose the plugin file to upload.
- Finally, activate the plugin.
Packing Methods in WooCommerce
After the installation of the plugin, WooCommerce > Invoice/ Packlist > General > Advanced options.
Here is the screenshot of the opening page.
Different Packaging Methods
1) Pack Items Individually: Allows you to pack each item in the cart separately. Total Shipping cost is calculated by adding shipping cost of each item.
2) Box Packing: If packing items individually do not suit your business, then customize box sizes based on your requirement. Once you select this option, the following rule is displayed as shown below:
To define a new box size, click the Add Box button. All cart items are packed into custom boxes defined in Box Size settings. The best fit box is chosen automatically from the defined boxes. This box dimension and weight settings are applicable only when Box Packing is selected. Based on your requirement, you can enable or disable a particular box using the checkbox under the Enabled column of the respective box rule.
For more information about box packing, see How to configure Box Packing to Print Label & Packing List using Print Invoice, Packing Slip, Delivery Note & Label Plugin.
3) Single Package Per Order: Allows you to pack all items of a single order as one single package.
All-In-One - Generate PDF Invoice, Packing Slip, Labels & Delivery Note.
Used by 10,000+ WooCommerce Stores
#1 in Customer Satisfaction
WebToffee Guarantee: Get Your Money Back if You Are Not Satisfied With The ProductBuy Now!