We know that the inbuilt coupon set up in WooCommerce doesn’t have provision to bulk generate coupons. Therefore, we will need to have a coupon extension to provide this functionality. WebToffee’s Smart coupon for WooCommerce can efficiently generate coupons in bulk for your store very easily.
The plugin generates coupons and adds it to your store, share to customers directly by mail or simply export into a CSV for a later import. All the coupons generated in bulk have similar properties that are configured from the coupon panel with a unique coupon code.
That is, there are three methodologies by which the coupons can be generated:
- Directly add generated coupons into the store.
- Export the generated coupon in a CSV file.
- Email the coupons to specified email addresses.
Check out the tutorial to know how coupons can be generated in bulk using the coupon extension.
Different methods for generating coupons in bulk
Once the plugin is installed and activated, navigate to the WooCommerce > Coupons. Move on to the Bulk generate tab. Store owners can use this option to create coupons in bulk with unique codes and preset criteria. You can add these coupons to your store, share with customers directly by email, or simply export into a CSV for a later import.
First of all, you will have to specify the number of coupons to be generated in the provided field.
You can Generate Coupons and:
- Add to store: Adds the generated coupons to the store.
- Export as CSV: Exports the generated coupons into a CSV file for future use. The file will be downloaded into your system.
- Email to the recipients: Emails the respective coupons to the recipients. This works in combination with the Allowed emails option available under usage restriction. Nevertheless, the application generates enough coupons depending on whichever is the lowest value, either the coupon number or the number of emails.
However, whichever method is employed, the specified number of coupons are generated as per the matching criteria from the Coupon data section below. It is to be noted that all the coupons generated in bulk have similar properties that are configured from the coupon panel. You can even set other coupon properties, if required, from the usage restriction tab, usage limit tab, checkout options, giveaway products, and purchase history tab.
Scroll down the page and press generate coupons. As many coupons specified will be generated in the required method with the given coupon properties.
The plugin will allow you to bulk generate coupons to your store, share to customers directly by mail or simply export into a CSV for a later import. For more details, please refer here.