A shipping label is an essential document for shipping. In more crucial terms, shipping of products will not happen without a shipping label affixed to the package. It contains information regarding the origin and the destination of the shipping package for every node in the supply chain to understand.
Failure in providing accurate details on the shipping label causes loss of package en-route, delivery of the wrong package, etc. Which at the end of the day causes long-term damage to the customer experience. This is where a plugin for printing shipping labels in your WooCommerce store will help. Webtoffee’s Print Invoice, Packing Slip, Delivery Note & Label Plugin for WooCommerce delivers such functionality to us in the easiest way possible.
Steps to Print Shipping Label in WooCommerce
Download and install the Print Invoice, Packing Slip, Delivery Note & Label Plugin for WooCommerce. Now let’s take a look at the steps involved in printing shipping labels in WooCommerce using the shipping label plugin for WooCommerce.
- Set up the shipping label settings in WooCommerce
- Customize the shipping label as per your business requirements
Let’s look at these two steps in detail.
Shipping Label Settings
Navigate to Invoice/Packing > Shipping Label from WordPress dashboard. A Shipping Label can be set up in two easy steps:
Step 1: General Settings
You can configure the general settings required for the shipping label.
- Enable multiple labels in one page – Choose Yes to generate multiple labels on one page itself. When enabled, you will get an option to input the number of labels in a row.
- Full Page: This option allows you to print the label which will be spread over the full page. The printing depends on the browser printing option.
- Custom: This option allows you to print the label in the desired size. You can configure custom shipping label size of your own by entering size values in terms of width and height (inches).
Once all the settings are configured, click the Update Settings button.
Step 2: Customize
You can customize and create a new template of a shipping label from the existing templates.
To create a new shipping label template,
- Select a template from the Create new template option.
- From the inbuilt templates that pop up, choose a layout.
You can directly print the shipping label as shown below or select multiple orders from the WooCommerce orders page and print them via bulk actions:
A sample shipping label for three orders will be as shown below:
To auto-generate invoices, packing slips, proforma invoices, credit notes, pick lists, etc., you can refer to the WooCommerce shipping label plugin setup tutorial and the WooCommerce PDF Invoices, Packing slips, Shipping label plugin product page.
Shipping labels are an important document to ensure the smooth delivery of your products thus the credibility of your store. The WooCommerce PDF invoice, Packing slips, Delivery notes, and Shipping label plugin offer an easy way to auto-generate these documents with little or no effort.