The blog provides step-by-step instructions on how to add a ‘print shipping label’ button to the emails sent out from your WooCommerce store. The tutorial covers setting up the shipment details, configuring the shipping label settings, and printing the label.
A WooCommerce shipping label contains information regarding the origin and the destination of the shipping package for every node in the supply chain to understand.
Printing these labels is of critical importance to reduce friction during product shipment. The WooCommerce Shipping Labels, Dispatch Labels, and Delivery Notes plugin by WebToffee delivers such functionality to us as easily as possible.
Print WooCommerce Shipping Labels – Step-by-Step Guide
Install and activate the Print WooCommerce shipping label plugin to generate and print shipping labels for your WooCommerce store. However, to activate this plugin, the free version of the WooCommerce invoice, packing slip and shipping label plugin has to be installed and activated on your store.
Let’s take a look at the steps involved in printing shipping labels in WooCommerce using the shipping label plugin for WooCommerce.
- Set up the shipping label settings in WooCommerce
- Customize the shipping label as per your business requirements
Let’s look at these two steps in detail.
Setting Up WooCommerce Shipping Label
From the WordPress dashboard, Select Invoice/Packing > Shipping Label.
A Shipping Label can be set up in two easy steps:
Step 1: General Settings
You can configure the general settings required for the shipping label.
- Enable multiple labels in one page – Choose yes to generate multiple labels on one page itself. When enabled, you will get an option to input the number of labels in a row.
- Full Page: This option allows you to print the label which will be spread over the full page. The printing depends on the browser printing option.
- Custom: This option allows you to print the label in the desired size. You can configure custom shipping label size of your own by entering size values in terms of width and height (inches).
After the changes you made, press the Update Settings button.
A sample order email with the ‘print shipping label’ button is given below.
Step 2: Customize the label template
- In the Customize tab, select create a new template, can choose any templates from the pop-up menu.
You can directly print the shipping label by navigating to WooCommerce > Orders > the specific order > Invoice/Packing.
The Printed Shipping Label is shown below:
Shipping labels are an important document to ensure the smooth delivery of your products thus the credibility of your store.
The WooCommerce PDF invoice, Packing slips, Delivery notes, and Shipping label plugin offer an easy way to auto-generate these documents for free and with little or no effort. The premium WooCommerce print shipping label plugin offers much more customization than free variations.
Learn more about setting up and customizing WooCommerce shipping labels via the article How to customize WooCommerce shipping labels.