Discounts that are periodic/seasonal are usually accompanied by tags like hurry up, End in two days, Last chance, Until supplies last, and so on to catch the customers’ attention and elicit a sense of urgency.
Smart Coupons for WooCommerce (free) allows you to set a start date and an end date for coupons so that you can offer ‘seasonal discounts’.
- First of all, install and activate the plugin.
- From your WordPress dashboard, go to the Marketing > Coupons.
Setup seasonal discount offer
Let us see how to offer EOS (End of season sale) with a flat 50% discount storewide from 25th November to 25th December using smart coupons:
- From the coupon window, click on Add coupon to create a new coupon.
- The Add Coupon panel opens up.
- From the Discount type drop-down, select the percentage discount and mark the discount value as 50 as we have to offer a flat50% coupon.
- Now select the Coupon start date and the expiry date of the coupon from the date chooser.
- You can make the coupon apply automatically by selecting the Apply coupon automatically checkbox.
- Optionally, you can restrict coupons for specific product categories. To do that by choosing the required category from the Usage restriction tab. This will apply coupons only for products chosen from that specific category.
- Finally, publish the coupon.
Please have a look at the Smart coupon for WooCommerce Pro plugin for more advanced features.
- Was this article helpful?
- Yes, thanks!Not really
Got any query? Please leave a comment or reach out to our support