Discounts and coupons are a means of sale booster that can create great conversions for your eCommerce store. It can pave the way to customer retention and results in an increased number of returning customers to your site. Coupons can be designed to provide a discount for first order as well as for nth order. There is always a possibility to convert a casual visitor to a paying customer with the help of a first-order coupon. Similarly, an nth order discount can create returning customers with repeated purchases to your sites.
Smart Coupon for WooCommerce plugin helps you to generate a coupon on the basis of your first order, nth order or even on the basis of the total order amount.
Let us go through the steps involved in creating “Purchase thrice and get a 30% discount off on your 4th order” coupon:
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Coupons > Add Coupon
- Key in an appropriate coupon code and description
- From the General tab, select a discount type from the drop-down as Percentage Discount and enter 30 as the coupon amount.
- Set up the basic coupon properties, if applicable, from the usage restriction tab, usage limit tab, etc.
- To generate a coupon on the customer’s nth order, navigate to the Purchase History tab of the coupon panel as shown below:
- Number of orders: Select the option ‘greater than or equal to’ and select 4 from the counter as the coupon must be redeemable for the orders greater than or equal to four.
- Order Status: Select the order status as completed from the drop-down so that the coupon will be applied only to completed orders. If left blank, then the coupon will be made applicable to all the order statuses.
- Total Amount: Since the coupon must be applied to the fourth-order without considering any order amount, this field can be left empty.
- Exclude customers already awarded: Tick this checkbox so that a customer can avail coupon only once.
- Similarly, you can design coupons for any nth order of your choice in a few easy steps.