Be it any occasion, people find store credits as a better way for gifting options. In this digital era where people demand to have everything done in just two clicks, store credits can be of relevant option for serving varied gifting needs.
Here, we will consider a use case of how to gift a birthday coupon worth $500 to a friend using a store credit.
- Firstly, install and activate the plugin, navigate to the Smart Coupons > Store Credit
- It consists of following sections:
- General settings
- Send store credit
- Gift card templates
Configuring store credit
- Set up store credit by associating it with a zero price store credit product which in turn can be purchased by customers.
Email the store credit voucher directly to specific customers.
In that case, the store admin can directly email the refunds as store credit to the customer without actually bearing the loss of refund.
To know more about the store credit setup, refer How to set up smart coupons for WooCommerce
Purchasing a store credit
A customer can purchase a store credit in the usual manner as to how a normal product is bought.
- First of all, buyer will have to locate the gift card/ store credit product. After that, choose a gift card template from all the available options.
- The customer can enter/choose the gift card amount.
- Specify the recepient’s email ID. He can also enter a custom message to send along with the gift card.
- Input the sender name and choose to send it today or select a date from the calendar.
- Add the product into the cart and proceed to checkout.
Place the order to complete the purchase.
Redeeming a store credit voucher
Let us see the steps involved in redeeming a store credit voucher worth $500.
- The recipient will receive an email as shown below with details of the voucher and a unique code.
Note: The recipient can use this voucher for single or multiple purchases until the value exhausts or expires. He can also buy products worth more than the store credit value and pay the difference at checkout.
Clicking on the voucher will redirect the redeemer to the store where he can choose any products of his choice and move them to the cart.
Redeem the store credit voucher by entering the voucher code in the Apply Coupon field area of the cart page.
On applying the coupon, the plugin applies the store credit amount on the total order amount.
Proceed to checkout and place an order to complete your purchase using store credit.
You can view the store credit balance amount and redemption history from My Account > My Store credit.
In this case, the ‘My store credit’ page displays the balance store credit amount of $368.93 from the $500 by using $131.07 for purchase. Click on the history icon to get the details of redemption.