In today’s competitive business landscape, companies are constantly seeking innovative ways to attract and retain customers. One such strategy that has gained significant popularity is the utilization of sign-up coupons. Sign-up coupons are exclusive discounts or special offers provided to individuals who register on the website for the first time. This article explains how to set up a signup coupon with Smart coupon for WooCommerce plugin by WebToffee.
For example, consider creating a signup coupon with a 20% discount.
To set up a sign-up coupon follow the steps given below:
- Configure a master coupon with the necessary properties.
- Associate master coupon to function as a signup coupon.
Configuring a master coupon
To configure a sign-up coupon, you must create a master coupon with the necessary properties and then associate it to function as a sign-up coupon.
To set up a master coupon:
- From the WordPress dashboard, navigate to Smart Coupons > Add coupon.
- Key in an appropriate coupon code and description
- From the General tab, select the Discount type as a Percentage discount.
- Enter the Coupon amount as 20.
- Additionally, the plugin provides the option to configure the following:
- Coupon start date and expiry date.
- Apply coupon automatically.
- Showcase coupon on the product page.
- Usage restrictions.
Recommended settings for master coupon
- By default, the signup coupon can be used multiple times by a single user. To restrict the usage of the coupon per user, navigate to the Usage limits tab in the Coupon data meta box and set the usage limit. For instance, if you want the signup coupon to be redeemable only once per user, set the Usage limit per user to 1.
- To apply the signup coupon automatically during the checkout process, enable Apply coupon automatically from the General tab under Coupon data.
Once the configuration is done, click on Publish.
Configuring signup coupon
To set up the signup coupon:
- From the WordPress dashboard, navigate to Smart Coupons > Signup Coupons.
- Select Yes under Enable signup coupon.
- Search and select the master coupon just created (For this example: SIGNUP20) from the Associate a master coupon list.
- Under the option Use master coupon code as is:
- Select Yes to use the coupon code of the master coupon for the signup coupon. Upon successful signup, the email IDs of the corresponding users will be added to Allowed emails under the Usage Restriction section of the master coupon.
- If No is selected, then a new coupon code will be generated for every new signup. These coupons will follow the same configuration as the master coupon, the difference being a unique coupon code.
On signing up successfully, the customer will be notified with an email as shown below: