How to provide WooCommerce signup discount for customers
In this article, let’s configure a ‘Signup coupon worth 20%’ using a Smart coupon for WooCommerce plugin. Coupons can definitely pave the way to improve customer retention and conversion. When it comes to a signup coupon, there is always a possibility to convert a casual visitor into a buyer.
In order to set up a signup coupon you will have to create a master coupon with required properties and then associate it to behave as a signup coupon.
Let us see how a signup coupon providing a 20% discount for a newly registered customer can be configured:
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Coupons > Add Coupon
- Key in an appropriate coupon code and description
- From the General tab, select the discount type as a percentage discount with the discount amount as 20.
- Publish the coupon.
- Navigate to the Action coupon tab.
- Enable signup coupon: Enable the option to create and assign coupons to customers automatically upon signup.
- Associate a master coupon: The signup coupon will be created based on the underlying master coupon. The coupon configuration (discount percentage and other related rules) will be created based on the selected master coupon.
In this case, select the coupon code signup20 (as per configured) from the drop-down to associate it as the master coupon. It is this coupon that will be sent to the customers on sign up.
- Use the master coupon code as-is: When enabled the coupon code will be the same as the master coupon code. Upon successful signup, the email ids of the corresponding users will be added to ‘Allowed emails’ under the Usage Restriction section of the master coupon. When unchecked a new coupon code will be generated for every new signup. These coupons will follow the same configuration as the master coupon, the difference being a unique coupon code. The coupon code can be formatted as per the prefix/suffix/length options. If not specified it will take the format as per the General Settings.
- On signing up successfully, the customer will be notified with an email as shown below:
The customer can use the coupon code for their first purchase while checkout to redeem the discount obtained during signup.