Store Credit is something worth having in your WooCommerce store to facilitate extended coupon functionality. In fact, you could also offer store credit as a refund for a returned order without actually having to bear the sale loss. You can also offer gifts using the store credits.
Unfortunately, the inbuilt coupon set up in WooCommerce will not allow you to create a store credit. Therefore, we will need to have a coupon extension to provide this functionality. WebToffee’s Smart coupon for WooCommerce can efficiently create and provide store credits for your store very easily.
Watch the below tutorial to set up store credit as a gift card or for refunds.
Set up store credit as gifts
- Firstly, install and activate the plugin, navigate to the Smart Coupons > Store Credit
- It consists of two sections:
- Email Credit/Refund
The setup section consists of the following fields:
Extended store credit
The extended model allows your customers to choose a template from the available options. If enabled the customers will get to choose a gifting template from the available options on the product page. The selected template will also be used for email. The store credit product preview will be as shown below:
The store credit email preview will be as shown below:
Enabling this option discounts the credit prior to calculating the tax. That is, calculates tax only on discounted value instead of actual value. For eg, if the order value is $110 and you apply a store credit of value $100, the tax will be applicable only on $10(order total after discount).
Purchase store credit
Associate a product: Select a zero-priced product from the available list. Create a zero-priced product prior to this setting for it to be available for selection.
Credit purchase options: Signifies purchase options for store credit.
- The predefined option allows the admin to set specific amounts.
- The custom option allows the customer to enter an amount of choice.
Set amount: Specify the predefined denomination values that must appear at the user end while purchasing store credit. You can set up store credits with customers’ choice of denomination.
Minimum credit purchase: Enter a minimum value of the store credit that can be purchased using the associated product.
Maximum credit purchase: Enter the maximum value of the store credit that can be purchased using the associated product.
While purchasing the store credit the minimum value and the maximum value by which the voucher can be purchased will be displayed at the front end of your store as seen in the preview.
- Email store credit on order status: Emails store credit only for the selected order statuses.
Purchasing store credit/gift card
Let us see the purchase of store credit done at the customer end. The store credit as a gift card will appear as shown below:
- Users can choose the required design from the available templates.
- Based on the settings configured by the store admin, either predefined denominations, custom amount field or both will appear to specify the amount. In the above picture, predefined denominations 100 to 2000 are available. To input an amount other than the available predefined denominations, specify it in the custom field.
- Next, input the email id of the recipient and the message that should go with the gift, say Happy Birthday! Then key in the sender name.
- Then, choose the date on which you’d want to send the gift.
Finally, move the store credit to the cart. Proceed with the payment as to how a normal product is purchased. Soon after you will receive an order confirmation email.
Redeeming a store credit
On receipt of the gift, one can purchase any products using the available store credit amount. The received mail will be as shown below:
The gift card receiver can redeem the store credit by purchasing some products from the store. He can use the code received via email to redeem them. One can redeem store credit vouchers in single or multiple purchases until their amount is over. He can also buy products worth more than the store credit value and pay the difference at checkout.
The customer can view the store credit history from My Account > My Store Credit section.
Email store credit/return refund to a customer
Navigate to the Email Credit section of the store credit window panel. Email Store Credit helps in managing the refunds for the order returns of your store. Using email credit, the store owner can directly send the store credit voucher to specific clients deserving of special discounts.
Email credit consists of:
- Email Address: Key in the email addresses of the recipients in this field to send store credits individually.
- Credit Amount: Enter the store credit amount in this field.
- Description: Optionally, add a message in the email voucher sent to the customer. You will also get the preview of the mail here.
- Individual use only: Make the store credit voucher to not use in conjunction with other coupons by enabling the option.
Click on the preview to have a look into how the mail will appear. Finally, click on send email to mail the store credit vouchers to specified recipients.
The customer will receive an email that has the store credit coupon code in it. He will just have to use the code as they would with any other coupon code to redeem it for a refund.
To sum up, customers can purchase store credits for themselves or email others for gifting. One can redeem store credits in single or multiple purchases.